October 21, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 28th 2010 7:20PM
I'll admit it, I like soap operas. I don't watch a lot of them, unless you count 'Lost' as a soap opera. It has a continuing storyline over many years with many characters, it just happens to include time travel and monsters.
Wait...daytime soaps have had those too.... But I did watch 'Guiding Light' for 30 years and 'Knots Landing' for whatever number of years that show was on -- it was better than 'Dallas' -- and now I've found myself hooked on 'The Young & The Restless' because one day I was too lazy to reach for the remote control after my local noon news was over. That's how addiction happens sometimes.
There was another soap I liked too, back in the 1995. It was called 'Central Park West,' and considering the ratings the show got, I think I'm one of the very few people in the country who can say I watched it and liked it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- 'The Flash' Episode 4 Photos: Captain Cold and Felicity Come to Town
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.5 Photos: Regina and Emma Search for the Snow Queen
- More From BuddyTV
- Sleepy Hollow's Founding Mother Is... Buffy Vet Michelle Trachtenberg!
- Revolution Alum Joins Bates Motel
- The Walking Dead's Chad Coleman Tapped for SVU's NFL Violence Episode
- The Flash First Look: Arrow's Felicity Helps Barry Ice Out Captain Cold
- More From TVLine
- What Did Renee Zellweger Do to Her Face? Plastic Surgeon Weighs In
- Hot Mamas: Kate Middleton Shows Some Leg, Blake Lively Shows Some Cleavage
- Chrissy Teigen Launches Apple Pay with Visa in NYC
- Young the Giant Reveals the Happy Accident That 'Makes Us a Stronger Band'
- SF Giants vs KC Royals: Whose Team Are These Celebs On?
- More From ET