July 28, 2015
ron livingston interview
by Kona Gallagher, posted Jul 31st 2009 11:32AM
Ron Livingston, who is probably best-known for his role as the lovable slacker, Peter Gibbons, in the cult classic, Office Space, is no stranger to television. He played the rakish captain Lewis Nixon on HBO's seminal miniseries, Band of Brothers, and will go down in Pop Culture history as Berger, the douche who broke up with Carrie via Post-It note on Sex and the City.
This summer, Livingston is starring in the new ABC drama, Defying Gravity, with a special two-hour premiere on Sunday, August 2, at 9:00. Described, to the dismay of many, as "Grey's Anatomy in Space," Gravity follows a group of astronauts on a planetary mission 40 years from now. While everybody's sleeping with their coworkers, they aren't quite as angst-ridden about it as their Grey's counterparts. These astronauts cut through all the BS and get down to the business of doing it in zero gravity, as any rational person would.
Recently, I was able to chat with Ron Livingston about Defying Gravity. We talk about some of the more mysterious elements of the show, how he prepared for the role, and why they're wearing t-shirts in the future, instead of Mylar jumpsuits.
(There aren't any major spoilers, but we do discuss the pilot, so keep that in mind).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan Sprayberry Talks More Comedy for Liam in Season 5
- 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer on Cheating Husband: He's 'Dead' to Me
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: A Happy Couple and a Broken Heart
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Kim Kardashian Gets Defensive With Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Bash Us On Your Way Up'
- 'Butt Day!' Kate Upton Bares Her Entire Backside in Sheer Dress
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Tom Cruise Goes All Out Against Jimmy Fallon in Amazing Lip Sync Battle
- 'The Bachelorette': Kaitlyn Bristowe's Stunning Finale Looks
- More From ET