The film is a true anthology, featuring five different stars and directors for each vignette. Directing were Jennifer Aniston, Patty Jenkins, Alicia Keys, Demi Moore and Penelope Spheeris, while their stories starred Jeanne Tripplehorn at the heart of all the stories as an oncologist whose mother died from breast cancer.
She thought it was a big deal to plank on the back of an elephant, but we found her demonstration on the 'Chelsea' set far more impressive. It's one thing to lay flat on your face on a flat surface with full support beneath your body, as she did on the elephant and on Kimmel's desk.
It's quite another to plank while being supported only by the arms of a chair, as she did for Chelsea Handler. That looks like it takes concentration and quite a bit of muscle strength to keep your body straight like that.
Then, while Kimmel was trying to explain what planking was, Dawson quietly mounted his desk and simply showed everybody. "I guess the idea is you behave like a plank of wood, right?" he asked.
Later in the proceedings, Eva Mendes said she and Paul Rudd intended to do a funny bit that involved groping, but the show was running behind schedule. Rudd fondled Mendes' breast anyway. And as Mendes announced the Best Screenplay winner, Rosario Dawson grabbed Rudd's crotch. What a, uh, touching moment. Also in the clip, watch Natalie Portman's acceptance speech for her Best Female Lead win.
"We were friends for a year, and then he busted out with the crepes and ... now we've been together for two years," Dawson said. "He got me with the crepes!"
Watch the video after the jump.
(S34E13) I don't have much of an opinion on Rosario Dawson. I've seen a few of her movies, like Clerks 2 and Death Proof, but instead of blowing my mind with every film, she's left me in a state of indifference. I'm sure there are plenty of gentlemen here who strongly differ. Sorry, boys.
That said, Dawson did a pretty good job hosting this episode. The writing wasn't particularly exciting, but Dawson's delivery was smooth and very professional. Just like Neil Patrick Harris from the previous week, her enthusiasm was very evident and greatly appreciated. Here are some video highlights from the night.
I was thinking about that after reading this story about the best and worst celebrity signers. It's ranked by Autograph magazine, and they say that the best celebrity autographer is Jay Leno.
The show is being produced by NBC Universal Digital Studios, which, among other things, means a much larger budget. Something evident in the cast which includes the star of the show, Rosario Dawson. That's a pretty big name for what is ultimately another experiment in the medium. She's joined by Justin Hartley, Danny Woodburn, John Kapelos, Kevin Alejandro, Fransois Chau, and Elizabeth Bogush, among others. It's not exactly Ocean's 11, but those are all pretty recognizable actors.
Advertising is everywhere on TV and online, and not merely in the form of traditional commercials. Most of us are used to viewing ads before watching online videos, and product placement can even be humorous if done properly (30 Rock does it particularly well). Can the partnership between advertising and entertainment go too far, though?
NBC Universal is joining forces with an advertising agency on a new venture: product-centered programming. The network's Digital Studio will work with the Omnicom Group to create several series that focus on the products of participating sponsors. These programs will air on NBC's "digital properties" (websites, for example.).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Following': 15 Shocking Moments from 'The Messenger'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- 'The Bachelor: After the Final Rose' Recap: Is the Couple Still Together?
- 'Intelligence' Recap: A Paralyzing Agent Hits Too Close to Home
- More From BuddyTV
- Terry Crews: 'I'm game' for Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Netflix series
- 'The Following' Season 2, episode 8: Why was the big twist revealed before 'The Messenger' aired?
- 'Doctor Who': Is a major villain returning in Season 8?
- 'WWE Raw' March 10 recap: Daniel Bryan's #OccupyRAW gets him a 'Wrestlemania' match
- 'Star-Crossed' Season 1, episode 4 recap: 'And Left No Friendly Drop'
- More From Zap2it
- The Bachelor Finale: Who 'Won'? Why Was Juan Pablo Glum? And Who's the New Bachelorette?
- Teen Wolf Recap: 'Chaos Has Come Again'
- Do You Believe In NBC's Supernatural Drama?
- The Voice Recap: Maybe Just One More Try?
- Pilot News: Alana De La Garza, Gabourey Sidibe, American Dreams Dad Among Latest Castings
- More From TVLine