(S06E04) The numbers! The numbers!
Lindelof and Cuse have been teasing us for a while now that they might not reveal the significance of the numbers. Without doing so directly, I think they gave us something huge connected to them tonight. Finally, after a lackluster episode last week we're getting some information we can sink our teeth into. Locke-centric episodes always seem to be good for that.
The character connections in the flash-sideways reality were really coming at us hard and heavy tonight, with appearances by several favorites as we discovered how John's life could have been. It would appear that some things have definitely gone better for our paralyzed friend, while in some other respects he's the same sad sack John Locke we came to know and love over the past five seasons.
Actress Alaina Reed Hall, probably best remembered for playing Rose on the sitcom 227 and Olivia on Sesame Street from the late 70s to the late 80s, passed away last week after a long battle with breast cancer. She was 63
Of course, her career stretches far beyond those two shows with parts on just about every major show in the last few decades including Friends, ER and Ally McBeal, but she was always Olivia to me. She was on the show and even the big screen spinoff Follow That Bird during my formative years, so her sweet and endearing demeanor performance as Olivia pretty much stuck her with the role.
I'm sure if I met her in person, I would accidentally call her Olivia at least four times and something tells me she would not have minded a bit.
Picture it: Rose Henderson (L. Scott Caldwell) (disclaimer: my favorite character on the show) has escaped the island with her hubby, Bernard (and, because it's a sitcom, she's completely healthy). The lovebirds have returned to The Bronx, where Bernard (Sam Anderson) has resumed his dental career while Rose has taken a job as a safety specialist at Kennedy Airport (*wink wink*).
(S05E03) "Yeah yeah - the hair. It's one of the many things that makes me happy." - Meredith
This wasn't the best episode of Grey's Anatomy, but I think it got back to a lot of the core reasons that made this show good in the first place. The focus has finally returned to Meredith and Derek, which was sorely lacking last season. This show just doesn't make sense to me when the tension between those two is ignored or pushed aside for one of the bajillion other relationships going on.
Beyond that, there was plenty of humor - another thing that had been lacking. So I'm feeling good about where this season is going to take us and as I said - it starts with Mer and Der.
(S05E01/S05E02) "The person that invented the phrase 'happily ever after' should have his ass kicked so hard." - Meredith
Another September, another Grey's Anatomy season premiere. Hard to believe that we're already into a fifth season. But you know what isn't hard to believe? That we're still dealing with the same "Meredith and Derek - will they or won't they" mess. Grey's has reached the point that regardless of what happens, I'm going to keep watching it because I've invested too much of my time to walk away now. I really am a fan of the show, which is why I don't feel bad when I say that this was quite possibly the most ridiculous season premiere ever. It was all over the place like some strange metaphor for all the ups and downs Mer and Der have had over the years. A random army doctor, two limousine accidents, ninja attack icicles... and god, the cherry on top - Denny Duquette. Really?
Lifetime is going to honor Estelle Getty, who died yesterday at the age of 84, with a marathon of Golden Girls episodes.
The 10 episode marathon will start at noon this Friday with the pilot episode (the Sophia character looked a lot different in the first few episodes, if I remember correctly). The episodes have been picked because they focus on Sophia.
Fans will get a chance to vote on which episode ends the marathon, the episode they think shows Getty and Sophia the best. MyLifetime.com has narrowed down it down to five episodes: "It's A Miserable Life," "Sisters," "Old Friends," "My Brother, My Father," and "Old Boyfriends." And if you don't know the plots by the episode titles (you'd have to be a Golden Girls fanatic for that), the site gives you a quick synopsis of each one.
- Charlie Rose: Charlie in China, and an Iraq update
- The Daily Show: Christopher Walken
- The Colbert Report: Mark Moffett
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Adam Sandler and Mute Math
- Jay Leno: Holly Hunter, Phyllis Diller, and Ryan Adams
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Brian Williams, Petra Nemcova, and As Tall As Lions
- Tavis Smiley: Herreast Harrison and Cherice Harrison-Nelson (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Jessica Biel, Artie Lange, and The Cribs
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Carl Reiner, Jonah Hill, and Bright Eyes (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Oscar De La Hoya and Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground
- Charlie Rose: Craig Newmark, He-Ya fei, and Jesse Wang
- The Daily Show: Josh Rushing
- The Colbert Report: Richard Florida
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Michelle Pfeiffer, Jonah Hill, and Michael Lauziere
- Jay Leno: Bill Maher and Minnie Driver
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Don Rickles and Keely Smith (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Brandon Darby, Mel Jones, and Antoineete K-Doe (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Christopher Walken, Tim Meadows, and Nick Lowe
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Ben Kingsley, Mary McCormack, and Jesse Malin
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Joe Rogan and Fall Out Boy (repeat)
- Charlie Rose: TBA
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Queen Latifah, Smashing Pumpkins, and Alan Zweibel
- Jay Leno: Victoria Beckham, James Blake, and A Fine Frenzy
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Bear Grylls and Maroon 5
- Tavis Smiley: Jonathan Demme, Chick Corea, and Bela Fleck (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Janeane Garofalo and They Might Be Giants
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Betty White, Rupert Grint, and Dr. Dog
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Chelsea Handler and Black Light Burns
- Charlie Rose: Christian Bale and authors Dov Seidman and Jessie Gruman
- The Daily Show: Bruce Willis (repeat)
- The Colbert Report: David France (repeat)
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Emma Watson, P.Diddy, and Spoon
- Jay Leno: John Travolta, The Neville Brothers, and Tony Dungy
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Ethan Hawke, Elisha Cuthbert, and Harris Wittles
- Tavis Smiley: Mavis Staples (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Daniel Radcliffe, Carlos Mencia, and Art Brut
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Julie Chen, James Marsden, and Sara Bareilles
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Lifehouse and Amaury Nolasco
- Charlie Rose: sports columnist Sally Jenkins
- The Daily Show: Michael Moore (repeat)
- The Colbert Report: Doug Bailey (repeat)
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Sienna Miller, Michael Cera, and Interpol
- Jay Leno: Adam Sandler, Nikki Blonsky, and Silverchair
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Nick Lachey and Reggie Bush
- Tavis Smiley: Luke Wilson and Marina Nemat (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Denis Leary, Patton Oswalt, and Against Me
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Kara Cooney and Geoff Keith
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Joss Stone and David deRothschild
- Charlie Rose: Don Cheadle, Zahi Hawass, and Catharine Roehrig
- The Daily Show: Claire Danes (repeat)
- The Colbert Report: Vincent Bugliosi (repeat)
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Don Cheadle and Smashing Pumpkins
- Jay Leno: Daniel Radcliffe, Patton Oswalt, and The Decemberists
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: George Foreman, Jennifer Esposito, and Tiger Army (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Walter Isaacson and Lily Allen (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Jarod Miller, Jason Priestly, and Dan Naturman
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Kathy Griffin, Ken Bruen, and Marty Stuart
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Dave Foley and Ying Yang Twins (repeat)
- Charlie Rose: TBA
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Teri Hatcher, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, and Jonah Hill (repeat)
- Jay Leno: George Clooney, Rihanna, and The Zimmers (repeat)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Kathy Griffin, Jackson O'Sullivan, and T-Pain (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Bill Maher
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Snoop Dogg and Tom Waits (repeat)
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Amy Sedaris, Jackie Collins, and Breaking Benjamin
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Harland Williams and Joseph Arthur & The Lonely Astronauts (repeat)
- Charlie Rose: Senator Richard Lugar
- The Daily Show: Steve Carell (repeat)
- The Colbert Report: Will Schwalbe (repeat)
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Kelly Clarkson, Jane Fonda, and Tom Ruprecht (repeat)
- Jay Leno: Steve Carell, Kenny Smith, and Goo Goo Dolls (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Mo'Nique and Katt Williams (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Randy Jackson, Patton Oswalt, and Rat Dog (repeat)
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Brenda Blethyn, Mike Rowe, and Army of Me (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: David Alan Grier and Ne-Yo (repeat)
- Charlie Rose: a tribute to Beverly Sills, who died earlier this week
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Rosie Perez and Dr. Dog (repeat)
- Jay Leno: Thomas Haden Church and Ne-Yo (repeat)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Bernie Mac, Bob Odenkirk, and Fiction Plane (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Chevy Chase (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Robin Williams and Gilde Ensemble (repeat)
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Wanda Sykes, Tina Brown, and Bobby Valentino (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Henry Rollins and The Bird and the Bee (repeat)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Sacred Taking'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'The Scientist'
- 'Arrow' Season 2 Fall Finale Photos: Roy in Trouble
- 'Nashville': 18 Surprising Moments from 'I'm Tired of Pretending'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 10.12 Photos: April's Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- HBO's 'True Detective' poster is stylized and gorgeous
- 'Orange Is the New Black' and 'Breaking Bad' score in Writers Guild Awards nominations
- 'The Sound of Music Live's' Carrie Underwood: 'What did I get myself into?'
- 'Girl Meets World' set photo shows hidden Mr. Feeny message
- Spice Girl Mel B eats Funyuns in 'The Eric Andre Show' first look clip
- More From Zap2it
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, New Girl, H50, Haven, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D, Mentalist, Reign & More
- American Idol Exclusive Season 13 Promo Video: There Will Be Guitars
- TVLine Items: Heather Morris Returns for Glee's 100th, Southland Vet Cops Beast-ly Gig and More!
- Breaking Bad, Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards Lead 2014 WGA Nominations
- Scoop: Community Casts Chris Elliott as Greendale's Mysterious [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine