In just seven seasons, 'Idol' has had its fair share of juicy gossip items: nude photos; arrests; wrong numbers -- not to mention Corey Clark's alleged affair with Paula Abdul.
We've compiled a list of the biggest 'Idol' scandals ever. After the jump, click through our gallery to relive moments every 'Idol' wants you to forget.
But everything between 8:00 and 10:05 was just filler or commercials. We came here tonight to crown the next American Idol. The judges give their final thoughts. Randy says, "It's Jordin, baby." Paula is just proud of everyone. She congratulates them both. Simon congratulates Jordin (his pick based on the last song Tuesday night).
74 million votes were cast Tuesday night (for a combined total of 609 million votes cast over the season) and this year's American Idol is ...
Take a closer look, after the jump.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Miss USA will continue her reign - from rehab.
- Ruben Studdard wants to help Alabama lose weight.
- Michael Jackson participating in a reality show? He really needs the money.
Ruben says he was motivated to lose weight because of a family history of diabetes and heart trouble. He did it in a very extreme way, though. He went to Duke Diet & Fitness center for a month to learn how to become a healthy eater. His mentor for weight loss has been Idol judge Randy Jackson.
The New York Post has kindly given us a run-down of Idol artist fees. Whether you pay $75,000 for Ruben Studdard or $30,000 is going to depend on how well you're connected within the entertainment industry, but is $75,000 too much to ask for your guests to hear "Sorry 2004" live? You can also expect to pay more for an Idol mini-concert versus an Idol meet-and-greet.
This sounds like a game for the pre-teen set at slumber parties or their very first boy-girl parties. I can see it now: an 11-year-old girl's night is ruined when Simon tells her she's the worst singer ever.
[Via TV Filter]
An Alabama judge agreed that Ruben had been screwed over by his former manager and ordered the guy to pay $2 million-- $500,000 for actual losses and $1.5 million for punitive damages. The mis-use of his income hit his credit hard, making it impossible for Ruben to even buy a house! Unfortunately, it looks like Ruben might not get the money back because Edwards filed for bankruptcy last year.
Fame. She's a bitch.
It's always been a dream of mine to take a road trip to Tennessee to visit Graceland and Dollywood -- a white trash pilgrimage of sorts. I don't foresee that happening any time soon, so I'll make do with American Idol's homage to Elvis, and keep my fingers crossed for Dolly's night next season.
Everything about tonight was backwards -- the favorites sorta sucked, and Elliott finally found his moment to shine. My crappy internet connection keeps going out, so enough of the pleasantries...let's do this!
Of course, he also said that he wouldn't be surprised if Katherine McPhee got into the final two somehow (gee, way to go out on a limb there, picking three when there are only four contestants left). I guess the one he's least confident about it Elliott.
This article says that if it's down to Chris vs. Taylor, it will be "Ruben vs. Clay, Part II." Huh? Why, because Chris and Taylor also both happen to be men? That's kind of a lame comparison.
Here's my theory -- if Paris would've dropped a big wet smoocher on Seacrest while he was trailing her with that battery pack, then she wouldn't have gone home tonight. It would have been the perfect climatic moment during her performance of Prince's "Kiss," and God (being a huge Idol fan, and understanding the ironic nature of the moment) would have shifted some votes away from Elliott and given them to poor Paris. But alas, that didn't happen and Paris is going home, and Elliott (her partner in the bottom two) has survived another week.
- Diana DeGarmo: after spending the holidays entertaining the troops abroad, she's joining the cast of Hairspray on Broadway on February 7.
- Frenchie Davis: proving that racy photos
on the internet aren't the end of all things, she's a cast member of Rent on Broadway, where she's been since
she was prematurely booted off the show in 2003.
- William Hung: thinking he's entitled to more than 15 minutes of fame, he's still performing crap from his three, yes three, albums.
- Tamyra Gray: the one who should've gone against Kelly Clarkson in the finale, Tamyra is working on her second album and persuing more acting roles.
- Josh Gracin: lookin' a little thick around the middle, Josh just kicked off a tour where he is opening for Trace Adkins. He and his wife, Ann Marie, now have two children.
- Corey Clark: ah, who the hell cares?
While there may be a heck of a lot of American Idol fans in this country, there are even more football fans out there. American Idol's season premiere comes in as the #2 most-watched show during the 2005-2006 television season. Number one is the Rose Bowl college championship, which drew 35.6 million viewers earlier this month.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev Talks Life After Damon, Stelena's New 'Journey'
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Did 'The Closer' Once Seduce Captain Holt?
- CBS' Stalker: Will You Follow It?
- Nashville Recap: Juliette's Baby Daddy Revealed?
- The Criminal Minds Season 10 Premiere: Do You Like the Addition of 'Love'?
- More From TVLine
- Watch Will Ferrell Chant 'Derek Jeter' for 4 Long Minutes
- David Letterman and Bill O'Reilly Take a Compatibility Test
- Olivia Pope's 'Scandal' Men Pose Shirtless with Pups
- Jeff Garlin Calls Former Co-Star Selena Gomez's Sexualization 'Disgusting'
- 'Modern Family' Men Crash Fraternity House
- More From ET