Don't pretend you don't remember the misadventures of Tommy, Chuckie, Phil and Lil, and Angelica -- 'Rugrats' ran for 14 years (the longest-lived Nicktoon to date, premiering alongside 'Doug' and 'Ren and Stimpy'), spawned three movies, countless video games, an 'All Grown Up' spin-off, and remains the only Nickelodeon show to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In a 1995 TV Guide interview, Steven Spielberg described the show as "sort of a TV 'Peanuts' of our time," and IGN ranked it #92 in their list of Top 100 Animated Series. Not bad for a bunch of babies who can't even talk, right?
We at AOL TV are big fans of Where Are They Now? retrospectives, and we didn't want to let a little thing like fictional characters stop us from imagining where our favorite small-screen toddlers might have ended up twenty years down the line. Join us after the jump for our take on what the gang might be doing now that they really are all grown up.
I started watching The Fairly OddParents a few years ago and completely fell in love with it. I have a couple of the DVD sets, but I was never sure how the DVD sets were organized. Sometimes they're by a "theme" and sometimes they're by a season or volume. But now we have actual complete season sets for seasons one and two, and I'm really looking forward to having them. Funny, though, how no one can agree whether it's Fairly OddParents or Fairly Odd Parents. I see it spelled both ways everywhere.
I won't be buying the Highlander: The Animated Series set though., There can be only one animated set to buy this week and I'm going with OddParents.
I took my kids to see The Simpsons Movie this weekend. While it was their first time seeing the film, it was my second and I still enjoyed it quite a bit simply because it's a funny movie.
Because I have kids, I often go see a lot of crappy animated films based on cartoons. I've seen, Rugrats Go Wild, The Wild Thornberrys Movie and The Spongebob Squarepants Movie among others. For the most part, I enjoyed these films but they were little more than a longer version of the TV show. The Simpsons Movie, however, is much more
Anyway, it seemed that the holiday's increased profile was also reflected on television. It was a small presence amongst the snowstorm of Christmas specials, with maybe one or two shows related to the Festival of Lights airing each year. Maybe it was a Rugrats cartoon (the Pickles family was half-Jewish) or Comedy Central showing Adam Sandler's movie Eight Crazy Nights. But it was a lot better than what we used to have, which was local news anchors mispronouncing the holiday's name in the throwaway segment between the sports and the weather report. This year, though? Nothing.
It's weird; you'd think with all the fellow members of the tribe that work in Hollywood, we'd see more Passover seders on our televisions. Maybe in the past people thought it was too ethnic to be accepted by mainstream America, and now it may be too traditional. But with the whole "hip to be Jewish" movement these days, you'd think there'd be seders all over TV right now, even if they just consist of Sarah Silverman swearing before saying "pass the gefilte fish."
Am I missing something? Have there been Passover-themed episodes of other shows that I'm not remembering? Let me know in the comments.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.12: Hayley Faces Difficult Decision
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.12 Photos: Malcolm Merlyn Joins the Team
- More From BuddyTV
- Elementary Boss: After Kitty's Exit, Sherlock and Watson Must 'Evolve'
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Breaking Bad Star Anna Gunn
- HTGAWM Stars on the Arrival of Sam's [Spoiler], Future of The Keating 5: 'There's a Teeter-Totter of Trust'
- Parenthood Finale: Show Boss Talks Flash-Forward Surprises, Deleted Scenes and That FNL Cameo
- Scandal Returns: The 7 Craziest Reveals About Olivia's Vanishing
- More From TVLine
- The Top 7 Sexiest Super Bowl Studs From Each Team
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' for 40th Anniversary Special!
- OMG T.G.I.T.! The Jaw-Dropping Moments From 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal' and 'HTGAWM'
- Ellen Snaps a Birthday Selfie With Music's Biggest Superstars
- 'Parenthood' Series Finale Recap: The Bravermans End Where It All Began
- More From ET