But Russell Crowe is from Australia, which is like a tougher version of the U.K., so it stands to reason that he doesn't share Craig's geeky sci-fi enthusiasm. On 'Late Late Show' (weeknights, 12:37AM ET on CBS), Russell makes a simple recommendation: Add naked women to get him interested in stuff!
But the musical for which he's most (in)famous is 'The Rocky Horror Show.' The Aussie did 415 performances of the sci-fi/horror parody in New Zealand and Australia in the mid-'80s. Crowe played Eddie/Dr. Scott -- but performed as Dr. Frank-N-Furter (the "sweet transvestite" scientist) in the production's final 15 shows.
Of course, Jay Leno was well aware of this, and rolled some of the YouTube clip to prove it. Crowe is unrecognizable.
Now, Russell's trying to quit. He told David Letterman he kicked the habit five months ago, for the sake of his son. Dave was intrigued. "How did you stop?" he said, as the audience began to applaud. The actor held up his finger in warning. "You've clapped way too early," he told the crowd. Uh-oh.
"All sex is really is a form of fighting ... It's a struggle for control," explained Apatow. "And who wins?" asked Ferguson.
"I have not won yet, but I refuse to go down," said Apatow. Maybe he was still referring to battle, but the audience didn't interpret it that way. Expound, please?
"Charlie is obsessed with Indiana Jones at the moment," explained Crowe. "I really don't want any more critiques about my abilities and Harrison Ford's abilities."
At least the eldest son wants to be a chef when he's grown. The younger brother isn't quite so realistic.
Early buzz on the film has it that this version of the legend will be more realistic, violent and exciting than previous outings. But none of that mattered for Crowe's two young boys (Charlie, 6 and Tennyson, 3 1/2) who attended a screening of the PG-13 movie with their dad. "This should have been one of those great moments between fathers and sons," Crowe said. "Within five minutes, my oldest boy Charlie goes, 'Ah, dad, can we go now?' And ... Tennyson goes, 'Dad, when do you get a horse?'"
Watch the video after the jump.
Stewart asks Collette to guess the name of her favorite actor of all time, who also happens to be an Aussie. "He's the younger of the two most famous Australian actors," Stewart said cryptically, offering Collette one of several unhelpful clues.
Watch the video after the jump.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the former E.R. co-star will headline the HBO series 'Emergency Sex,' based on the book 'Emergency Sex and Other Desperate Measures: A True Story From Hell on Earth'.
The series is inspired by the gritty tales of beleaguered U.N. peacekeepers Kenneth Cain, Heidi Postlewait and Andrew Thomson, who were all stationed in war-torn countries like Cambodia, Somalia and Haiti throughout the early '90s.
Can we talk ... without using curse words? Comedienne and home shopping pioneer Joan Rivers was removed from a live British talk show for swearing.
Well, OK, it's not like she was dragged off kicking and screaming during the live broadcast (like this guy), but she was asked to leave the set during a commercial break. Rivers was on the show Loose Women (ahem) and they were talking about Russell Crowe and Rivers said that he was "f***ing shit." I think she meant the phrase as an adjective, not a verb.
Rivers is actually over there doing a one woman show on the West End, Joan Rivers: A Work In Progress By A Life In Progress. She has apologized for what she said, the host of the show apologized for what she said, and ITV apologized to viewers for she said.
Just to be safe, TV Squad also apologizes for what Rivers said. Thank you.
Update: Video added after the jump.
Splitting Images is a celebrity lookalike company in the U.K. They have a ton of people that can be hired for your next party, corporate event, or other entertainment-related function, though some of the lookalikes look more like the celebs than others.
For example, these guys look like Rowan Atkinson so much that they could probably commit some crime and he'd be blamed for it, and this guy could probably do the same for Bing Crosby, if he wasn't, you know, dead and all. But a lot of these people seem to be stretching things a bit. Do these woman really look enough like Pamela Anderson? And does this guy really look like Mr. Spock? I guess wearing a costume and/or having a pic taken in a particular setting helps.
Of course, you could get a Leo Sayer lookalike, though hiring the real Leo Sayer now would probably be cheaper now.
[via Marty Beckerman]
- At 7pm, AMC has a marathon of Hustle, ending with a new episode at 10.
- At 8, FOX has a new episode of Cops, followed by a repeat, then a new America's Most Wanted.
- A kid sees dead people in The Sixth Sense, on ABC at 8.
- CBS has - you guessed it - March Madness, followed by a repeat 48 Hours Mystery (if there's time, I'm
- NBC has...wrestling? It's the Saturday Night Main Event, with various guys fighting, and Stone Cold Steve Austin in a drinking contest (?). It's on at 8 and is followed by a repeat of Conviction.
- TLC has a new Little People, Big World at 8, followed by a new Trading Spaces.
- At 9, HGTV has a new ep of My First Place.
- The Sci-Fi Channel has Freddy vs. Jason at 9, while VH-1 has Caddyshack.
- At 11, there's a new Mad TV. At 11:30, a repeat of SNL, with host Alec Baldwin.
- Around 11:15, AMC has the classic comedy Office Space.
- At midnight, Cartoon Network has a new Full Metal Alchemist.
- At 12:30am, IFC has Hugo Weaving and Russell Crowe in Proof.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' winner talks Season 4 victory
- Cher proves it's a 'Woman's World' with performance on 'The Voice' finale
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 20: Meet the contemporary dancers
- 'The Voice' Season 4 winner: Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel or The Swon Brothers - who won?
- 'America's Got Talent': American Military Spouses Choir ends night on high note
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tonight: Franklin & Bash Is Back, Shatner Live in Cleveland, Futurama and More
- The Voice Season 4 Finale Recap: They're All Stars Tonight [Updated]
- The Voice: Season 4′s 25 Best Performances!
- It's Official: Anger Management's Selma Blair Abruptly Exits in Midst of Show's 90-Episode Run
- Liv Tyler Cast in HBO Drama Pilot The Leftovers
- More From TVLine