(S02E12) This show is really hitting its stride. What a great episode. Despite some negativity in response to CBS choosing Criminal Minds as the show airing after this year's Super Bowl, I'm excited about it. Criminal Minds isn't just another crime procedural. It's incredibly unique and, in my opinion, blows the Law and Orders and CSIs of the world out of the water. This show is legit folks and last night's episode was proof of that. You've got to feel good about this show though. It went from being a hardly watched freshman drama last year to a sophomore powerhouse that has been challenging the almighty Lost in Wednesday night ratings.
Here we had something that this show has lacked in recent episodes and hopefully what we got here becomes a trend. What am I talking about? Backstory. Up until now we hadn't gotten too much. We knew about Gideon's blunder that got some team members killed before he joined the BAU and we've gotten some info on Hotch's home-life, his wife, and his child. We even got info on Elle (via her unconscious flashbacks) in the season premiere this year. She's not even on the show anymore and the backstory has run a little dry since then.
(S02E12) And thus begins the downfall of Russell Tupper. We've watched him destroy his own body with drugs since day one and now finally, it seems that Russell might be in a position where he absolutely, positively has to clean himself up. As if Kelly being pregnant with his child wasn't enough. The man is a wreck and it's about time something happened. The question that remains is will he rise to the challenge?
More on this after I lay out everything else first because next week's finale is going to be one helluva storm.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET