Sam Raimi (Spider-Man) is teaming with ABC/Disney on 22 hour-long episodes chronicling Goodkind's The Sword of Truth eleven volume series, though the working title of the show appears to be the title of the first novel only: Wizard's First Rule. Intended for syndication, Rule will be the first major fantasy syndicated series since the likes of Hercules and Xena ruled the airwaves in the late '90s.
I'm not a fan of most "big" movies. You know, those movies with a ton of special effects, babes and explosions but very little plot? However, that doesn't mean decent "big" movies don't exist, and I think the Spider-Man films are a good example. Also, nobody brings a comic book to life better than Sam Raimi (perhaps some of my comic book-loving readers will disagree, though).
Anyway, I mention Spidey on this TV blog because FX has garnered the rights to broadcast Spider-Man 3 in 2009. How much FX ends up paying for the movie depends on how much money the movie itself brings in. As of this writing, the movie has brought in $161,401,784. The deal between Sony and FX could also allow Sony to sell the film to other broadcast networks.
Just out of curiosity, who saw Spider-Man 3 and what did you think of it? I liked it quite a bit, though I think it's probably the least of the series so far: a little too much story for one movie, but it did maintain that "old comic book" feel I love so much. I have a lot more to say about it, but I'll turn it over to you guys in the comments. Opine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Season Finale Photos: What Happens Now?
- 'Almost Human' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Homeland' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Jury Watch: Why 'Rustling' Feathers was Great for Everyone (Except Katie)
- [Video] 'Scandal' Sneak Peek: Olivia's Mom Spills on How She's Alive
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Orange Is the New Black' and 'Breaking Bad' score in Writers Guild Awards nominations
- 'The Sound of Music Live's' Carrie Underwood: 'What did I get myself into?'
- 'Girl Meets World' set photo shows hidden Mr. Feeny message
- Spice Girl Mel B eats Funyuns in 'The Eric Andre Show' first look clip
- TV ratings: 'Survivor,''Arrow' and 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center' rise Wednesday
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Heather Morris Returns for Glee 100, Southland Vet Cops Beast-ly Gig and More!
- Breaking Bad, Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards Lead 2014 WGA Nominations
- Scoop: Community Casts Chris Elliott as Greendale's Mysterious [Spoiler]
- Ratings: Survivor and Flash-y Arrow Hit Highs, All ABC Sitcoms Slip, X Factor Rises
- Once Upon a Time Casting Mystery: Lost's Rebecca Mader to Play Which Iconic Villainess?
- More From TVLine