Sam Raimi (Spider-Man) is teaming with ABC/Disney on 22 hour-long episodes chronicling Goodkind's The Sword of Truth eleven volume series, though the working title of the show appears to be the title of the first novel only: Wizard's First Rule. Intended for syndication, Rule will be the first major fantasy syndicated series since the likes of Hercules and Xena ruled the airwaves in the late '90s.
I'm not a fan of most "big" movies. You know, those movies with a ton of special effects, babes and explosions but very little plot? However, that doesn't mean decent "big" movies don't exist, and I think the Spider-Man films are a good example. Also, nobody brings a comic book to life better than Sam Raimi (perhaps some of my comic book-loving readers will disagree, though).
Anyway, I mention Spidey on this TV blog because FX has garnered the rights to broadcast Spider-Man 3 in 2009. How much FX ends up paying for the movie depends on how much money the movie itself brings in. As of this writing, the movie has brought in $161,401,784. The deal between Sony and FX could also allow Sony to sell the film to other broadcast networks.
Just out of curiosity, who saw Spider-Man 3 and what did you think of it? I liked it quite a bit, though I think it's probably the least of the series so far: a little too much story for one movie, but it did maintain that "old comic book" feel I love so much. I have a lot more to say about it, but I'll turn it over to you guys in the comments. Opine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- Ratings: Extant Returns to Series Lows
- Fall TV: Heroes vs. Big Bang vs. Greys, and Thursday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Wet Hot American Summer: See the Star-Packed (NSFW) Trailer & Poster
- Sesame Street Vet 'Maria' to Exit
- More From TVLine
- Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant Will Air on REELZ
- 9 '30 Rock' Predictions That Have Come True!
- Rihanna's 'B**ch Better Have My Money' Music Video Is Finally Here and It's Totally Insane
- Matt Damon Has a Ponytail and He's Totally Pulling It Off!
- Are Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch Dating?!
- More From ET