The music video for the late Johnny Cash's song "God's Gonna Cut You Down" will debut tomorrow evening on CMT, MTV and VH1. It will first appear during the CMT Top 20 Countdown from 4 pm to 7 pm. Later that evening, it will air on both MTV and VH1 at 11 pm. The video will also debut tomorrow on the Web sites for all the aforementioned channel, as well as on MTVU.com and Urge, MTV's music service.
Several musicians and actors will appear in the video, including Iggy Pop, Chris Rock, Dennis Hopper, Patti Smith, Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks. Justin Timberlake helped with the concept of the video, which to me is like having a two year old paint a tribute to Leonardo DaVinci, but whatever. As much as they're hyping this video, I think simply popping in a copy of American V: A Hundred Highways and listening to the track is a better option than watching the video.
However, you should tune into CMT at 8pm tomorrow night to catch a re-airing of Johnny Cash in San Quentin, the 1969 film that covered his famous and controversial performance.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- 'Melrose Place' Is Getting a Lifetime TV Movie Too!
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Pulled by TV Land Amid Confederate Flag Controversy
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Hilary Duff Gets Candid About 'Torturous' Lizzie McGuire Years, Commends Miley Cyrus
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- More From ET