The music video for the late Johnny Cash's song "God's Gonna Cut You Down" will debut tomorrow evening on CMT, MTV and VH1. It will first appear during the CMT Top 20 Countdown from 4 pm to 7 pm. Later that evening, it will air on both MTV and VH1 at 11 pm. The video will also debut tomorrow on the Web sites for all the aforementioned channel, as well as on MTVU.com and Urge, MTV's music service.
Several musicians and actors will appear in the video, including Iggy Pop, Chris Rock, Dennis Hopper, Patti Smith, Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks. Justin Timberlake helped with the concept of the video, which to me is like having a two year old paint a tribute to Leonardo DaVinci, but whatever. As much as they're hyping this video, I think simply popping in a copy of American V: A Hundred Highways and listening to the track is a better option than watching the video.
However, you should tune into CMT at 8pm tomorrow night to catch a re-airing of Johnny Cash in San Quentin, the 1969 film that covered his famous and controversial performance.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- Why the 'Dancing with the Stars' Judges Are Ruining Season 18
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Mission Debrief: A 3-Person Race
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive Simpsons Promo: Homer Falls to Pieces in Special LEGO Episode
- What's Next For MTV's Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a 'Lesbian Sherpa'
- Pilot News: Meg Ryan to Narrate HIMYM Spin-Off How I Met Your Dad
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Will King Horik Turn Floki Against Ragnar?
- TVLine Items: VH1 Cancels Best Week Ever, NBC Plans Coldplay Concert Special and More
- More From TVLine