The music video for the late Johnny Cash's song "God's Gonna Cut You Down" will debut tomorrow evening on CMT, MTV and VH1. It will first appear during the CMT Top 20 Countdown from 4 pm to 7 pm. Later that evening, it will air on both MTV and VH1 at 11 pm. The video will also debut tomorrow on the Web sites for all the aforementioned channel, as well as on MTVU.com and Urge, MTV's music service.
Several musicians and actors will appear in the video, including Iggy Pop, Chris Rock, Dennis Hopper, Patti Smith, Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks. Justin Timberlake helped with the concept of the video, which to me is like having a two year old paint a tribute to Leonardo DaVinci, but whatever. As much as they're hyping this video, I think simply popping in a copy of American V: A Hundred Highways and listening to the track is a better option than watching the video.
However, you should tune into CMT at 8pm tomorrow night to catch a re-airing of Johnny Cash in San Quentin, the 1969 film that covered his famous and controversial performance.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Cast Photos
- 'Covert Affairs' Recap: The Chase Continues
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Final 12 Quarterfinalists Perform
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: The Moms are Proven Right as Abby's Plan Backfires
- More From BuddyTV
- Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Sister Act
- NCIS Season 12: DiNozzo to 'Partner' With Melrose Place Knockout
- Scoop: Desperate Housewives Alumna Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Grey's, Sons of Anarchy, Hawaii Five-0, Castle, NCIS: LA, Scandal and More
- More From TVLine