The music video for the late Johnny Cash's song "God's Gonna Cut You Down" will debut tomorrow evening on CMT, MTV and VH1. It will first appear during the CMT Top 20 Countdown from 4 pm to 7 pm. Later that evening, it will air on both MTV and VH1 at 11 pm. The video will also debut tomorrow on the Web sites for all the aforementioned channel, as well as on MTVU.com and Urge, MTV's music service.
Several musicians and actors will appear in the video, including Iggy Pop, Chris Rock, Dennis Hopper, Patti Smith, Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks. Justin Timberlake helped with the concept of the video, which to me is like having a two year old paint a tribute to Leonardo DaVinci, but whatever. As much as they're hyping this video, I think simply popping in a copy of American V: A Hundred Highways and listening to the track is a better option than watching the video.
However, you should tune into CMT at 8pm tomorrow night to catch a re-airing of Johnny Cash in San Quentin, the 1969 film that covered his famous and controversial performance.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Blood' Season 7: Ryan Kwanten says fan-favorite characters will die
- 'Cosmos': A 'stunning,''magical mystery tour' to revive popular science for the world
- 'Turn': Meet Jamie Bell's Abe Woodhull and more in new character posters
- 'Sherlock' Season 4: Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss tease Moriarty's return, premiere date
- Katie Holmes cast to star in 'Dangerous Liaisons'-style pilot on ABC
- More From Zap2it
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- Veronica Mars Movie: Jason Dohring Answers the Burning Question – Is 'LoVe' Still in the Air?
- TVLine Items: Sharknado 2 Premiere Date, True Blood Promotion, Orphan Catch-Up and More
- Pilot News: Felicity Huffman Joins American Crime, John Corbett Returns to FX and More
- More From TVLine