E!'s lining them up in 'Life After American Idol,' a new five-part series that premieres tonight (7PM ET) and airs for the next four nights, leading up to Tuesday's final performance show of the season (8PM ET) and the season 9 finale on Wednesday (8PM ET).
As the younger sister of Heidi from 'The Hills,' Holly surprised the rest of the camp when she came in as a replacement after Heidi and Spencer Pratt left the show for good. She quickly proved to be more resourceful than her sibling -- and played well with the others. She even cozied up to Sanjaya Malakar, sparking rumors of a romance.
Janice, on the other hand, rubbed everyone the wrong way -- name-dropping, stealing things, eating everyone else's food and urinating on the ground right next to her bed.
Holly and Janice spoke to AOL TV via conference call about what really went on in the jungle, their thoughts on Heidi posing for Playboy and who the most annoying camper was. -- Katy Kroll
Now, I support the decision to not allow Rod there because he'd either be taking hits out on fellow celebrities (wait a minute ... Sanjaya will be there) or he'd just disappear altogether. But in an era where getting rejected by a bachelor can make you a "Star" worthy of Dancing, it still boggles my mind that being married to a jackass is enough. We don't know anything about Patti Blagojevich except for her terrible taste in men. Kristen Wiig hasn't even developed an impression of her and now she's going to be on a major summer reality show?
If you're not familiar with the show that originated in Britian and aired a season on ABC in 2003, a bunch of celebrities are dropped in the jungle (in this case, Costa Rica) and have to survive using their wits, their charm, and ... their shiny white teeth, or something. Sanjaya and Blagojevich will be joined by Geraldo Rivera, Heidi and Spencer from The Hills, Dog The Bounty Hunter Duane Chapman, and model Janice Dickinson.
OK, the real title is I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Outta Here!, but you probably already knew that.
The article above says that Sanjaya released his memoirs a while back. His memoirs?!?
As TV Squad's resident Idol guy, at least for this year, I felt like my pride was on the line. How much do I really know about Shyamali Malakar, she of the hotness to the right there? And when it was over I'm not sure if I'm proud or horribly disturbed to report that I got 9 out of 10 right. Sure I'm upset that I missed one, but I'm a little more upset that I got nine right. I think there may be something wrong with me. I mean, how much do I know about stuff that matters. Who's running for President again and how often does that happen (I'm kidding, I do know those things)? Find out if there's something wrong (or right) with you and post your results in the comments section.
Last year, as you may recall, season six was often slammed by fans and critics as the WORST SEASON EVER. Who could forget Sanjaya? Oh wait, we did. His 15 minutes of fame only lasted 12.5 minutes. But for all of our Sanjaya-bashing, at least he kept things interesting in an otherwise bland and uninspiring year. Seriously, does anyone even care that Jordin Sparks just released her debut album?
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Where were bad girls Britney, Paris and Lindsay at the Teen Choice Awards?
- Worst idea ever? Kid Nation now has union problems, on top of all their other issues.
- Charlie Rose: TBA
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Tobey Maguire, John Byner, and Modest Mouse (repeat)
- Jay Leno: Jack Black, Sanjaya, and OK Go (repeat)
- Tavis Smiley: Right To Return, Part 5
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Sarah Silverman, Jerry Ferrara, and Avril Lavigne (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Adam Sandler, Sarah Thyre, and Lindsey Buckingham (repeat)
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Larry The Cable Guy, Maureen McCormick, and Montgomery Gentry (repeat)
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Piper Perabo and Unwritten Law (repeat)
But everything between 8:00 and 10:05 was just filler or commercials. We came here tonight to crown the next American Idol. The judges give their final thoughts. Randy says, "It's Jordin, baby." Paula is just proud of everyone. She congratulates them both. Simon congratulates Jordin (his pick based on the last song Tuesday night).
74 million votes were cast Tuesday night (for a combined total of 609 million votes cast over the season) and this year's American Idol is ...
In fact, Simon recently announced that after his contract is up he will be moving on from the show that helped make him a super-rich celebrity.
Kathy Griffin recently announced on The View that she wants to date again, but this time she's not going to do it for love, she's going to do it for publicity. She's asking her fans to go to OffTheDList.com and vote for one of the following men:
- Kevin Federline
- Mario Lopez
- Larry Birkhead
- Prince William
Fortunately, I only received one death threat, so I'm happy to be coming out of this relatively unscathed. Deep down you know you were really laughing with me, you just didn't want to admit it. What's that you say? You weren't amused? Ok, then let's just start the recap.
The fact that no one left had a profound effect on this episode as Ryan was quick to point out since two people would be going home this week.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Last year, at about this time, I presented you with five relevant reasons not to turn off your televisions during TV Turnoff Week. Well, as Bob mentioned, that week is upon us once again . . . whether we like it or not. So, as I'm short on fresh ideas, let me rehash last year's concept with five more reasons why you shouldn't be turning off the idiot box.
Sanjaya's gone from American Idol: Do you hear that roaring noise? That's the sound of all the Idol purists celebrating that Sanjaya is now gone from their show. This means that they can now get back down to business in choosing who will be the next winner of an exclusive recording contract. Of course, while that finalist will record and receive a good deal of money he or she will probably fade into the background. In the meanwhile, Sanjaya will probably win the Nobel Peace Prize sometime in the near future. I wonder what hairstyle he'll wear during the award presentation?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'SYTYCD' Predictions: Which Top 16 Dancers Are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Welcome to Judgment Week
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Orphan Black Comic Books to Expand Sci-Fi Series' World
- Girls Scoop: Judd Apatow's Daughter Guest-Starring in Season 4
- Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Previews Demon Dean — Plus: A Musical Hour?
- Hot in Cleveland Sneak Peek: A Surprise Wedding for Chris Colfer?
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Nest
- More From TVLine
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Mark Ruffalo Retrieves Lost Wallet On Twitter
- Britney Spears Is Launching a Lingerie Line!
- Star-Studded 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival to Feature Taylor Swift, One Direction
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego Expecting First Child
- More From ET