scarecrow and mrs. king
This week is an 80s extravaganza, as we have the first season of 'Matt Houston,' the first season of 'Scarecrow and Mrs. King,' a 'Wiseguy' collector's edition, and even a 'Tenspeed and Brownshoe' complete series set.
For those who have never heard of the latter, it was a comedic private eye show starring Ben Vereen. I remember the reviews for the show were outrageous, but for some reason, the show was very short-lived (which is why we're getting a complete series set).
I'm very, very tempted to get 'Matt Houston' and 'Scarecrow and Mrs. King,' though I don't know if they will hold up today. I'm guessing that 'Scarecrow' will hold up better than the Lee Horsley show.
- 'Charlie & Lola' - Vol. 10
- 'The Commish' - Season 1
- 'Greek' - Chapter 4
- 'Hannah Montana' - Vol. 6: Miley Says Goodbye
- 'In Plain Sight' - Season 2
But in TV land, the sisters were doin' it for themselves and finally getting respect as cops, war nurses and working moms; iconic shows like 'Hill Street Blues,' 'St. Elsewhere' and 'L.A. Law' would forever change (for the better) cop, medical and legal dramas; and no idea was too high concept to fill a primetime spot (time-travelling physicist? check; housewife-turned-CIA op? check; New York City beauty in love with a subterranean monster? check).
The bottom line: They all add up to 10 years of fine channel surfing -- and our awesome list of the 40 best series of the 1980s.
(S01E11) "Why do people hate the rich?"
So I guess it's official -- Chuck is actually in love with Sarah. I know it's what the show has been heading toward but, when Chuck briefly dated Lou, I thought he was finally coming to terms with the reality that he and Sarah will never end up together. Now it looks like he's ready to go all Scarecrow and Mrs. King. As Casey would say, "(Grunt)."
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Alice Ghostley: She was best known for her role as bumbling witch Esmerelda on Bewitched. She was also a regular on Designing Women and Evening Shade and made appearances on many shows over the years, including The Golden Girls, Passions, Simon & Simon, Maude, Good Times, Love, American Style, Family, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, The Odd Couple, It Taks A Thief, Get Smart, and many others. She died in Studio City, CA at age 81 of complications from cancer and strokes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- The Voice Recap: It's Just a Noisy Hall, Where There's a Nightly Brawl
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- Nina Dobrev on The Originals: First Photos of Doppelganger Tatia
- More From TVLine
- Steve Carell Reveals Jennifer Garner's Guilty Pleasure at 'Elle' Women in Hollywood Awards
- What Two Playboy Bunnies - Now Grandmas - Can Still Teach You About Being Sexy
- Shonda Rhimes Gives Network TV a Lesson in Sex Ed
- Selena Gomez and Orlando Bloom Fuel Dating Rumors!
- CaCee Cobb Shares Adorable Pregnancy Announcement
- More From ET