(S02E16) This was probably the most sitcomesque episode of Moral Orel so far; I think it could have played on network television without any issues, which is saying something for a series that has been challenged by the censors on more than one occasion.
But let's not confuse "sitcomesque" with "formulaic," because even if a plot centering on a school pageant has been done before, it hasn't been done in the super-pious town of Moralton, where everyone loves Jesus, and Christian folk bands tell folks to think with their heart and "put a motorboard on your aorta."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Cast of 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
- 'Gotham' Interview: David Mazouz on Bruce Wayne's Extraordinary Maturity and Comprehension
- 'America's Next Top Model' Interview: Mentor Yu Tsai on Staying Out of the Drama, His Picks for Top 4 and More
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Interview: John Noble, Katia Winter and EP Roberto Orci on Strained Crane Family Relationships
- 'Forever' Review: A Familiar Premise That Just Won't Die
- More From BuddyTV
- NCIS' Sean Murray Previews 'Classic' Season 12, McGee/Gibbs Bonding
- The Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: 'Captain Booty' Lays Down the Law
- TVLine Items: South Park Tackles the NFL, Sheen Eyes Men Return and More
- Murder, He Wrote: Meet the Man Behind Shondaland's Latest Wild Ride
- Ratings: Madam Secretary Samples Well, Good Wife Premiere Dips
- More From TVLine
- Emma Watson Delivers Passionate UN Speech On Gender Equality
- Gabrielle Union Confirms Nude Photo Leak: 'We Have Done Nothing Wrong'
- Ginnifer Goodwin Makes Her First Post-Baby Red Carpet Appearance
- EXCLUSIVE: Paula Deen Struggled With Agoraphobia Fears After Racial Slur Scandal
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Dierks Bentley Fly on the 'Say You Do' Set
- More From ET