"There was EPO. There was testosterone. And I did see a transfusion," Hamilton said, before clarifying it as "A blood transfusion." Transfusing, or blood doping, was used more before the performance-enhancing drug EPO came into vogue.
When asked how Armstrong could get away with being "a cheat and a liar," Hamilton replied simply: "There's a lot of other cheats and liars out there, too, who've gotten away with it. It's not just Lance."
Pelley, a 22-year veteran of CBS news, was the front-runner for the job and will lead his first newscast as anchor and managing editor on June 6.
The award-winning journalist has reported for '60 Minutes' since 2004 and worked as the network's chief White House correspondent. In recent years, he's covered everything from the tsunami in Japan to the recession in the U.S., and interviewed people like President George Bush, Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.
"I am delighted to join the terrific team at the 'CBS Evening News,'" Pelley said in a statement. "It's a privilege to work alongside the most gifted and talented journalists in the industry."
What will they say? According to four insiders who spoke on the condition of anonymity, CBS will announce in early May that her successor at the 'Evening News' will be '60 Minutes' correspondent Scott Pelley.
It wasn't just the consistent third-place finish that prompted Couric to leave; it seemed like she wasn't 100 percent comfortable in the role of network evening news anchor. She likes talking to people, and in the daytime arena she'll be able to excel in the way she did when she was on the 'Today' show for 15 years.
So, it now comes down to who is going to replace Couric at the anchor desk. It doesn't seem like CBS will make the same move it made five years ago when it courted Couric; who knows if they even have $15 million per year to throw around anymore. But there seem to be plenty of internal and external candidates for CBS to consider for the job. After the jump, a quick list possibilities and a chance to take a poll so you can tell us who you'd like to see win the job.
According to The AP, Couric will step down from her role as anchor of the 'CBS Evening News' after almost five years in the job. The AP says a network executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because Couric has not officially announced her plans, reported the move Sunday night.
No departure date has been set, but Couric's contract expires June 4th. She is now expected to launch a syndicated talk show in 2012, and several companies -- including CBS -- are reportedly vying for her services.
CBS News and Sports President Sean McManus says that he is going to start looking for additional reporters for the Sunday night show after the New Year rolls around, though he doesn't say that they will be "replacements" for Bradley. But people are starting to talk about it anyway, wondering if CBS will get another big name to fill the vacancy. Some are saying it might be CNN's Anderson Cooper, though those rumors about Cooper joing the network (probably as host of The Early Show) have surfaced before. Others are saying Lara Logan or Byron Pitts, though many think it will be somebody who already contributes to 60 Minutes, like Bob Simon or Scott Pelley.
Who do you think should replace Bradley, if anyone? Just a couple of reporters to add to the rotation, or a star to actually say the words at the start, "I'm ______ _______."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'Hart of Dixie' Season 4 Premiere Photos: All About Zoe and Wade
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.8 Photos: A Sheriff's Retreat
- 'The Originals': 15 Moments of Love, Death and Reunions From 'The Brothers That Care Forgot'
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Moments of Ichabod?s Identity Crisis From 'Magnum Opus'
- More From BuddyTV
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman to Star in Big Little Lies Limited Series; David E. Kelley to Serve as Writer/Showrunner
- Supernatural Sneak Peek: Meet the Winchesters' Witchy New Big Bad
- TVLine Items: POI Spies Fringe Alum, Once Princess to Badlands and More
- Hart of Dixie Season 4 Bumped Up to December; See 9 New Premiere Photos
- Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce: A Dishy Lisa Edelstein Drinks with Andy Cohen in Fun Series-Prequel Clip
- More From TVLine
- Johnny Depp on His Recent Critical Flops: I Just Don't Give a F*ck
- Nicole Richie is Getting a Crash Course (and Lots of Bruises) in Roller Derby!
- 'Jurassic World' Trailer Debuts: Chris Pratt vs. Hybrid Dinos!
- The Vamps Want To Collaborate With Ed Sheeran, Join Teens for Jeans Campaign!
- The Shortest Leading Men in Hollywood
- More From ET