"There was EPO. There was testosterone. And I did see a transfusion," Hamilton said, before clarifying it as "A blood transfusion." Transfusing, or blood doping, was used more before the performance-enhancing drug EPO came into vogue.
When asked how Armstrong could get away with being "a cheat and a liar," Hamilton replied simply: "There's a lot of other cheats and liars out there, too, who've gotten away with it. It's not just Lance."
Pelley, a 22-year veteran of CBS news, was the front-runner for the job and will lead his first newscast as anchor and managing editor on June 6.
The award-winning journalist has reported for '60 Minutes' since 2004 and worked as the network's chief White House correspondent. In recent years, he's covered everything from the tsunami in Japan to the recession in the U.S., and interviewed people like President George Bush, Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.
"I am delighted to join the terrific team at the 'CBS Evening News,'" Pelley said in a statement. "It's a privilege to work alongside the most gifted and talented journalists in the industry."
What will they say? According to four insiders who spoke on the condition of anonymity, CBS will announce in early May that her successor at the 'Evening News' will be '60 Minutes' correspondent Scott Pelley.
It wasn't just the consistent third-place finish that prompted Couric to leave; it seemed like she wasn't 100 percent comfortable in the role of network evening news anchor. She likes talking to people, and in the daytime arena she'll be able to excel in the way she did when she was on the 'Today' show for 15 years.
So, it now comes down to who is going to replace Couric at the anchor desk. It doesn't seem like CBS will make the same move it made five years ago when it courted Couric; who knows if they even have $15 million per year to throw around anymore. But there seem to be plenty of internal and external candidates for CBS to consider for the job. After the jump, a quick list possibilities and a chance to take a poll so you can tell us who you'd like to see win the job.
According to The AP, Couric will step down from her role as anchor of the 'CBS Evening News' after almost five years in the job. The AP says a network executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because Couric has not officially announced her plans, reported the move Sunday night.
No departure date has been set, but Couric's contract expires June 4th. She is now expected to launch a syndicated talk show in 2012, and several companies -- including CBS -- are reportedly vying for her services.
CBS News and Sports President Sean McManus says that he is going to start looking for additional reporters for the Sunday night show after the New Year rolls around, though he doesn't say that they will be "replacements" for Bradley. But people are starting to talk about it anyway, wondering if CBS will get another big name to fill the vacancy. Some are saying it might be CNN's Anderson Cooper, though those rumors about Cooper joing the network (probably as host of The Early Show) have surfaced before. Others are saying Lara Logan or Byron Pitts, though many think it will be somebody who already contributes to 60 Minutes, like Bob Simon or Scott Pelley.
Who do you think should replace Bradley, if anyone? Just a couple of reporters to add to the rotation, or a star to actually say the words at the start, "I'm ______ _______."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 Finale Recap: Vanessa Faces Evelyn for the Final Time
- 'True Detective' Recap: Is Velcoro Alive or Dead?
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: 2 Female HoHs and 2 Female Targets
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Season Finale Recap: Blood, Threat and Tears
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- True Detective Recap: Faking It
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- More From TVLine
- Margot Robbie Rocks 'Suicide Squad' Costume, Celebrates B-Day with Harley Quinn Cake
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Inside Vanessa Williams' Stunningly Classy Wedding
- Demi Lovato Falls Hard During Pool Party Performance
- U.S. Women's National Soccer Team Wins Record-Setting Third World Cup, America Rejoices!
- Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Wed in Secret Ceremony!
- More From ET