The rollout for these feels a bit like an old infomercial. But wait! That's not all! In addition to the DVD, which features some deleted scenes and a short feature touring the South Park Studios, you also get a microsite dedicated to season thirteen. There, you can get a bunch of 'South Park' goodies like wallpaper and ringtones (including West's "Gay Fish Song").
When the thirteenth season kicks off Wednesday (March 11, 10 PM), musicians will apparently have their revenge. Kenny takes his girlfriend to a Jonas Brothers concert in an effort to get lucky, but has his plans foiled when the band gives them "purity" rings. Can't wait to see what Matt and Trey have in store for the ubiquitous heart pre-teen heart throbs - I'm hoping it will warm the hearts of any parent you had to take their kids to that 3-D movie.
Actually, they were asked to split. Ike Barinholtz and Frank Caeti did not have their contracts renewed for the show's upcoming thirteenth season. This news comes about the same time as news of comedians Johnny Sanchez and Anjelah Nicole Johnson joining the cast.
Barinholtz worked on the series for five seasons. Caeti was on for only two.
Somebody is still watching MADtv, because the FOX's late night series of wacky sketches and parodies has been given a thirteenth season.
According to the press release, the series is most popular among teens. That seems to be the best explanation as to why it's still on the air; I don't know anyone my age or older who still watches the series.
Not unlike the magazine it's vaguely based on, MADtv works almost exclusively in parody (I'm thinking of the old Mad I used to read, I haven't picked up a copy in many years), which is one thing that sets it apart from other sketch comedy shows, but also why it probably doesn't attract older viewers more in tune with the sensibilities of satirical shows like South Park and The Daily Show.
Of course, it is possible to enjoy more than one type of show, but it makes perfect sense that younger folks would be drawn to MADtv. It's goofy and a bit over the top, and it's not too difficult for me to think back to a time when that kind of humor was right up my alley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 10.22 Photos: Derek and Amelia Team Up
- 'The 100' Excluside Interview: Lindsey Morgan Teases Finn and Raven's Reunion
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Tested'
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Meta Fiction'
- 'The Voice' Season 6: The Playoffs Part 3 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- TVLine Items: Roswell Reunion Set, Blue Mountain State's Kickstarter Campaign and More
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rises, NCIS, Originals, Supernatural Hit Lows, Celeb Wife Swap Bombs
- FX Renews The Americans For Season 3
- The 100′s Thomas McDonell Reveals Finn and Clarke's New 'Obstacle'— Plus: An Exclusive Clip
- More From TVLine