The rollout for these feels a bit like an old infomercial. But wait! That's not all! In addition to the DVD, which features some deleted scenes and a short feature touring the South Park Studios, you also get a microsite dedicated to season thirteen. There, you can get a bunch of 'South Park' goodies like wallpaper and ringtones (including West's "Gay Fish Song").
When the thirteenth season kicks off Wednesday (March 11, 10 PM), musicians will apparently have their revenge. Kenny takes his girlfriend to a Jonas Brothers concert in an effort to get lucky, but has his plans foiled when the band gives them "purity" rings. Can't wait to see what Matt and Trey have in store for the ubiquitous heart pre-teen heart throbs - I'm hoping it will warm the hearts of any parent you had to take their kids to that 3-D movie.
Actually, they were asked to split. Ike Barinholtz and Frank Caeti did not have their contracts renewed for the show's upcoming thirteenth season. This news comes about the same time as news of comedians Johnny Sanchez and Anjelah Nicole Johnson joining the cast.
Barinholtz worked on the series for five seasons. Caeti was on for only two.
Somebody is still watching MADtv, because the FOX's late night series of wacky sketches and parodies has been given a thirteenth season.
According to the press release, the series is most popular among teens. That seems to be the best explanation as to why it's still on the air; I don't know anyone my age or older who still watches the series.
Not unlike the magazine it's vaguely based on, MADtv works almost exclusively in parody (I'm thinking of the old Mad I used to read, I haven't picked up a copy in many years), which is one thing that sets it apart from other sketch comedy shows, but also why it probably doesn't attract older viewers more in tune with the sensibilities of satirical shows like South Park and The Daily Show.
Of course, it is possible to enjoy more than one type of show, but it makes perfect sense that younger folks would be drawn to MADtv. It's goofy and a bit over the top, and it's not too difficult for me to think back to a time when that kind of humor was right up my alley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 15' Official House Photos
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 10: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'Big Brother 15' Twists Revealed: MVP and Three Nominations
- 'RHOC' Newbie Lydia McLaughlin Calls Out Slade Smiley's Body-Shaming
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: James' Cheating Revelation, Love Signs and Teasers
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Sesame Street' jail: Children's show introduces first muppet with a parent in prison
- 'Mickey Mouse' reinvented yet again in Disney's new animated shorts
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' finale hangs tough Tuesday opposite NBA Finals
- 'Big Brother 15' twist: 3 people will be nominated for eviction, plus a weekly MVP
- 'The Voice' winner talks Season 4 victory
- More From Zap2it
- The Veronica Mars Movie: Deputy Leo Is On Duty
- The Soup Investigates First Look: E!'s New Spin-Off Series Takes on The Bachelor
- Ratings: The Voice Dips in Demo Opposite NBA Finals, Draws Its Largest Finale Audience Ever
- Exclusive Photos: Will Defiance's (Very) White Wedding Go Off Without a Hitch?
- Eye on Emmy: Corey Stoll Votes Yea on House of Cards and the Movie-Like Netflix Experience
- More From TVLine