FOX recently signed on with Xbox Live Video Marketplace, and the first series available for the digital download-to-own service is Family Guy. FOX joins other television networks and movie studios on the service, including CBS, NBC Universal, Paramount, Warner Bros., MTV Networks and Lionsgate.
Family Guy was chosen to kick off the new content deal because of its attraction to the younger male demographic responsible for most of the downloads on the Xbox 360's Video Marketplace service. Starting next week, the series' first two seasons will become available, along with the Family Guy DVD movie/three-part episode, Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. Newer seasons will follow, with fresh episodes hitting Video Martketplace the day after they debut on television.
They started adding a ton of info for specific episodes of TV series and for each season of a TV series, which on the surface sounds like a good idea. But in the process of doing that they've buried the main cast list for the TV shows! You used to be able to go to a TV show, say a show like Outlaws that I did a story about recently, and see the cast list right there on the front page. But no more. I spent about an hour trying to find the damn cast list, but got various dead ends, including "Full Cast and Crew" and "Episodes Cast." You'd think the main cast list would be there, but you'd be wrong. You have to click on "Season" and then the episode title. It's not like that for every show, but it is for many of them.
To quote Nancy Kerrigan, why, why, why??
In case any of you Stargate fans haven't found out about this already, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis now have episodes available for download on iTunes. Right now you can download episodes from season 10 of Stargate SG-1 (plus new episodes from the season as they become available), and season 3 of Stargate Atlantis (also with new episodes as they become available). The episodes cost the usual $1.99, and a season pass can be purchased for $37.99. Alternatively, I suppose you could still use BitTorrent, but if you like to get your Stargate fix in a more legitimate fashion, this is a decent option. Hopefully other seasons will be made available soon.
Special thanks to Mack Swift for the info.
I wouldn't expect this to last very long, but for the time being you can go to ALLSP.com (that's All South Park Dot Com) and watch every episode from season one through season ten. Essentially, it's just links to videos on YouTube and similar sites, so I'm probably just spurring the inevitable demise of these clips by even mentioning them here, but South Park fans should dig in while this particular fruit is being dangled before them. Based on a 2003 FAQ from the official South Park site, Matt Stone and Trey Parker aren't too concerned with folks downloading their shows off the Web, but those who want to take a more legitimate route should know that all those seasons are also available on iTunes, and unlike these free episodes, those probably aren't going anywhere.
[via Best Week Ever]
- Alleyn Mysteries - Set 2
- The Batman - The Complete 1st Season
- Blue Collar TV - Season 1, Volume 2
- The Electric Company - Best Of
- Emergency! - Season 2
- Grounded for Life - Season 1
- Growing Pains - The Complete 1st Season
- Hearts Afire - Season 3
- The Lost World - Vol 01; Vol 02
- Moonlighting - Season 3
- One Step Beyond - One Step Beyond Collection
- Pet Alien - Vol 4: Spaced Out
- Poltergeist: The Legacy - The Complete 1st Season
- Sex and the City - Sex And The City Essentials: Breakups; Sex And The City Essentials: Lust; Sex And The City Essentials: Mr. Big; Sex And The City Essentials: Romance
- The Simpsons - Kiss & Tell
- Survivor: Pearl Islands - The Complete Season
- Teen Titans - The Complete 1st Season
- Touched by an Angel - The 3rd Season - Volume 1
- Wildfire - Season 1
- Wire in the Blood - The Complete 3rd Season
So, fear not, there will be a month or so of repeats then the reast of the new "season" will come back, perfectly timed for November sweeps of course. I just hope they still don't do what Scifi used to do (under it's former ownership) with Farscape and leave you hanging for five or six months between season halves. That was absolute torture.
Also, for those who record Battlestar Galactica: Next week, the Sept. 23 episode titled Pegasus, will run two minutes longer than its scheduled time. Set your recording device to continue until five minutes after the scheduled end time of the episode to be on the safe side.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.9 Photos: Storybrooke Prepares for the Snow Queen's Curse
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- More From BuddyTV
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- The Originals Photos: See Klaus' Adorable Reunion With Baby Hope
- More From TVLine
- The Best & Worst Thanksgiving Sides: Our Definitive List
- 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peek: Storybrooke Is Doomed But Regina Is Determined!
- Creed Singer Scott Stapp Says He's Homeless, Being Blackmailed and the IRS Took His Money
- Tanya Tucker Gets Candid: Glen Campbell Heartbreak and Hopes for Her Legacy
- The Funniest Moments From The Best 'Friends' Thanksgiving Episodes
- More From ET