AMC announced 'Secret Stash,' an unscripted six-episode series set in Kevin Smith's New Jersey comic shop, Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash.
"Draper. Meth. Zombies. This show couldn't be on a better network. AMC is to television what Miramax was to cinema back when I first got in the game: they're the premier destination for any story-teller looking to spin an offbeat yarn that no other outlet has the stones to touch," Smith said in a statement. "And as if I didn't love them enough, now they're putting my friends on TV! I'm ecstatic, proud, and extremely lucky to be in bed with a network I watch religiously anyway. And if they'd pushed just a little harder in the negotiations, I'd have done this show for no payment beyond early access to every episode of 'Mad Men,' 'Breaking Bad' and 'Walking Dead.'"
Some of us here are big fans of the Comedians of Comedy, a collection of various comedians (the core group consists of Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Maria Bamford, Eugene Mirman and Zach Galifianakis) who play small rock clubs and similar venues rather than the usual comedy clubs.
Patton Oswalt recently posted on the comedy site A Special Thing that a brand new DVD, The Comedians of Comedy: Live at the Troubadour, would be released on October 2. What's even cooler, or maybe just equally as cool, is that the entire concert will be shown on Comedy Central's Secret Stash, completely uncensored and uncut, on September 29.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- More From TVLine