Unfortunately for some revved-up fans, it was all a marketing stunt for his new single. Huertas concocted a faux "sex tape," and got his 35,000 Twitter followers into a tizzy before he released what was actually a super-sexy music video instead.
The versatile New Yorker, 41, has an interesting background: He's a U.S. Air Force Special Ops vet, who served eight years in the military before launching his showbiz career. Huertas spoke to PopEater about his so-called "sex tape," why he got kicked out of college and what he thinks of the war in Iraq.
Tell us about the video for your single.
Originally, I was going to do a video that was a throwback to 'Grease,' but then, because my album is called 'Sex Tape,' and every one of my songs has its roots in sex in some way, I decided that it would be smarter to have the video be a little bit more about sex.
Fantasia has had a bad couple of weeks. She's been having an affair with a married man, was named in a lawsuit by the man's wife, and was alleged to have made a bunch of sex tapes. And then, on August 9th, following the pressure of these events, she attempted suicide by overdosing on pills. The 'American Idol' winner survived. While on 'Lopez,' she explained her motivation for trying to kill herself.
(S01E12) Not bad. Not bad at all. Actually, it's unfortunate. Last week was a great episode and so was this one. Now the finale is next week. Why do shows always seem to get better when there's fewer episodes left?
Lots of stuff going on, especially the leak of the Julia/Johnny sex tape. It was bound to happen, but I truly didn't see it turning out the way it did. I suppose all signs pointed to Julia being behind the leak. When I first considered that it could have been her, it felt too convenient and I let the idea pass. Had me fooled.
Today, Rush & Molloy of the New York Daily News, who broke the story about a leaked sex tape featuring Diamond, interviewed David Hans Schmidt, who brokered the deal to distribute the video. Schmidt is saying that Diamond is in on the deal -- he even produces a document with his signature -- and is angry that the ex-child star is telling people otherwise. He also doubts that people see all of Diamond in the video. ""I have reason to believe that is not Dustin's [manhood] in the movie," he told the gossips. Heh. "[Manhood]." I wonder what word he actually used? I bet it wasn't "Peepee" or "Weiner". If anyone wants to guess, you can do so in the comments.
[via Pop Candy]
According to New York Daily News gossip mongers Rush & Molloy, there's a tape floating around where Diamond is en fuego with not one, but two young women, and there's some interesting action going on. How interesting? Let's just say that this is the first time I've seen the term "Dirty Sanchez" printed in a major metropolitan newspaper.
The owners of the videotape are shopping it around to distributors. Diamond's manager was nonplussed by the news: "Dustin has been trying to escape the Screech typecast. So this may help me get more bookings," he told the News.
[via Pop Candy]
First of all, she's getting married to Kid Rock. The couple had been engaged once before, but apparently the on and off romance is finally on for good. Also, according to this CBS article, "Anderson was married to Motley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee on Feb. 19, 1995, and divorced Feb. 28, 1988." To those who doubt the intelligence of our lady Pammy, I ask you just how it was she was able to go back in time and divorce someone seven years before she even married them. Even Stephen Hawking hasn't been able to accomplish that.
Speaking of Tommy Lee, he refuses to sign copes of the sex tape he and Anderson made, because he's still upset about the fact that they were leaked. He says, "everybody assumes that it didn't really get stolen, that we put it out and made millions of dollars, like retarded geniuses. Who would do that?" Frankly, I think Lee is exaggerating just a tad, because the last I checked retarded genius don't make nearly that much money. I hired one for my nephew's birthday party, and it only cost me about fifty bucks for three hours, plus tips.
Lastly, Pam will be donning her red swimsuit once again for a cameo role in the upcoming Baywatch movie, which is being produced by horror director Eli Roth for some reason.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a Copy of the 'Game of Thrones' Book 1 or 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' on DVD
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Top 10?
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Dancing With the Stars' costumes get played by ear on a weekly basis
- 'Suits' Season 3 spoiler roundup: Harvey dumps Mike, Mike dates Rachel and more
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 9 - 'S.O.B.s'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 finale: Winner predictions and technical difficulties
- 'Men at Work': Gibbs gets inside Tyler's head
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: XBox Orders Live-Action Halo Series, Rena Sofer to Bold and Beautiful and More
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- More From TVLine