According to Entertainment Weekly, the show will follow Doherty and fiance Kurt Iswarienko as they plan their wedding. As if that wedding planning wasn't stressful enough, the show will follow Doherty as she renovates her home. Expect some mayhem.
"People will see a side of Shannen they never expected to see," John Miller, senior vice present of production and development at WEtv, said. Miller said Doherty was "unfiltered, honest and vulnerable" in a pitch tape.
'White Collar' stars Tiffani Thiessen and Matt Bomer stopped by 'Watch What Happens Live' (weekdays, 11PM on Bravo) Thursday night and played a game of 'Shaved by the Bell' with host Andy Cohen. Pivoting off Thiessen's iconic '90s role as Kelly Kapowski on 'Saved by the Bell,' Cohen showed the pair a series of pictures of '90s stars with their heads shaved and Thiessen and Bomer had to guess who they were.
Despite the fact that everyone looked like Sinead O'Connor, Thiessen and Bomer fared pretty well, nailing Blossom, Screech, Shannon Doherty, Fabio, Alanis Morissette, Kato Kaelin, Vanilla Ice and Pauly Shore. They won a '90s mix CD and Bravo 'Mazel' shirts for playing. For some of the celebs featured in the montage, it was the most screentime they've seen in years.
According to Entertainment Weekly, the episode is still being written so the roles are still taking shape.
Earlier this season Gervais reprised his role of David Brent from the UK version of 'The Office' and made a brief cameo opposite Steve Carell's Michael Scott. EW's source warned that viewers shouldn't assume Gervais or Arnett will play the new boss of Dunder Mifflin.
In other casting news ...
• Danny Bonaduce, Shannen Doherty and Barry Williams will star in new Syfy TV movies. Williams and Bonaduce will hunt Bigfoot and Doherty will star in 'Gretl' as the long lost sister of Hansel. Syfy is also prepping flicks about zombies and leprechauns. [TV Guide]
• Natasha Henstridge is heading to The CW's 'Secret Circle.' In the pilot, Henstridge will play the vice principal of New Salem High School, somebody who is familiar with the witch coven. [TVLine]
• Elizabeth Perkins will star opposite Michael Chiklis in CBS's 'Vince Uncensored.' The former 'Weeds' star will play Janet, a teacher and wife to Chiklis' Vince. The pilot follows Vince as he starts changing the way he lives his life after a medical problem. [Deadline]
Shannen Doherty Discusses Her 'Bad Girl' Past, the Miley Cyrus Bong Video and the Tabloid Media (VIDEO)
When asked why she thinks she was labeled as a bad girl, Doherty owned up to her behavior. "I think I made it a little easy for them," she admitted. "I think ... because ['Beverly Hills, 90210'] was such a sensation, that it was probably best to stay home, which I did not do."
She also indicated that she thinks the media in some ways dictated who they wanted to present as the bad girl, by looking at who was out and about the most of these super-successful young people. That theory might help explain, as the media and the Internet have made such videos and photos more prevalent, why there seem to be more celebrity "bad girls" in the past ten to fifteen years than we've ever seen before that.
The new series, 'Suite 7,' is sponsored by the Better Sleep Council, a division of the International Sleep Products Association. The goal of the seven-part series: To raise awareness of how important a proper night's sleep is for your health and well-being. Lifetime will air the series on MyLifetime.com, and it will also be available on Hulu.
Just who is going to teach you the importance of sleep? None other than 'Heroes' star Milo Ventimiglia and 'Beverly Hills 90210's' Shannen Doherty. But that's not all! Doherty's former costar Brian Austin Green will also appear, along with Craig Bierko, Illeana Douglas, Eddie McClintock and Jaime Murray.
But in her new movie, 'Growing the Big One' which premieres at 9PM ET, Oct. 23 on The Hallmark Channel, Doherty tackles a different kind of role, "the city girl who moves to the country."
She plays Emma, a young woman who inherits her deeply-in-debt family farm and decides to enter a pumpkin-growing contest in hopes of saving it with the winnings.
"I liked it because it's a lighter role for me," she told TV Squad. "I'm usually playing these darker roles, but I liked this one because it's lighter and fluffier. I'm an aunt and it's nice to finally do something that my brother's whole family can sit around and watch their aunt."
Cheban says Doherty is "giving me the death glare of all death glares. She is scaring me." The visibly annoyed actress tells him, "You should've called me. I would've brought scissors from my house." Finally, the giant fake scissors arrive -- and "fake" is the appropriate word. They can't cut. Good job.
"I have to tell you, after all the seasons we've done, you're elimination was the most surprising," Inaba told Doherty and her 'Dancing' partner Mark Ballas. Inaba was so shocked, she said she text messaged somebody asking, "How did that happen?" while she was on set. Regis Philbin, always quick with a comment, informed Inaba that it happened because "the judges didn't help them!"
Philbin tried to get the 'Beverly Hills, 90210' bad girl to gossip, but she wasn't falling for it. Bravo, Shannen.
Catch the video after the jump.
Doherty's father, who suffered a near-fatal stroke on Christmas Day, congratulated his daughter for her short-lived run on the dance show. "My dad doesn't have his speech 100 percent back yet, but the first words he learned were, 'I love you.' And, so, he was crying and he said, 'I love you. I'm proud of you, baby,'" she said.
Watch the video after the jump.
(S10E03) We start the first 'Dancing with the Stars' instantly by placing a couple in the bottom two. Pamela & Damien are in the bottom two, while Buzz & Ashly are safe. Instead of our traditional recap, Len critiques the dances in a recap fashion. Nothing out of the ordinary there.
Encore - Nicole & Derek's Jive - The second time around I think I absorbed the performance better. It's still too fast for my taste, and I wasn't fond of the slight Michael Jackson side-by-side choreography. I have the feeling that getting 10s early in the season will be her kiss of death.
While the show is now an hour earlier, the format of the results show didn't change. It basically is a clip, someone's safe, musical performance, someone's safe, repeat.
"I think that dancing isn't really my thing," she said after the results were announced. "I'm an actor, and it's what I love to do. I did this for my dad, and I did exactly what I wanted." Plus, with her partner Mark Ballas injured, Doherty said she wouldn't have wanted to go on without him anyway.
We know she's had a "bad girl" image throughout her career, but 'DWTS' showed a sweeter side of Doherty that maybe we haven't seen before. That's always a good thing.
Watch the video after the jump.
(S10E02) We continue 'Dancing with the Stars' with round two and the contestants performing the Foxtrot and the Jive. The order was shuffled this week with Kate Gosselin closing the show to an amazing train wreck ending. It was well worth having to sit through some painful performances.
It was interesting to see that the dancers who got the fast Cha-Cha last week got the slow Foxtrot, while the Viennese Waltzers got the Jive. It would have been really interesting to see how much bounce Pamela Anderson would have provided in the Jive, but I'm sure she'll survive until the second time Jive shows up again.
As the show started, I've gotta say how much I love that in the opening, Nicole Scherzinger's hair does the perfect whip. Years of Pussycat Dolls training did something.
Shannen Doherty appeared on 'George Lopez' (weeknights, 11PM ET on TBS) to talk about why she's on the show. It's a negotiation tactic. She made a deal with her dad that she'd do the show (which he loves) if he promised to work hard to come back from his stroke.
Sounds like a winner to us, even if Doherty gets booted off along the way.
Watch the video after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- [Video] 'Teen Wolf' Spoilers: Can Stiles Be Saved?
- [Video] 'Intelligence' Sneak Peek: Chemical Attack Threatens a Loved One
- [Video] 'The Following' Sneak Peek: Ryan's Investigation Shifts
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 3 Express Pass Power Rankings: The Stronger Teams Surge
- More From BuddyTV
- HBO GO problems ruined 'True Detective' finale for everyone
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Watch Mark Ruffalo, Matt Bomer, Taylor Kitsch, Julia Roberts fight to change history
- 'Star-Crossed': Jesse Luken promises a softer side to jerky jock Eric
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale - 'Form and Void': In the court of the Yellow King
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Season 9, episode 7: Khloe files for divorce from Lamar
- More From Zap2it
- Reality Check: Is American Idol Season 13 in Trouble? Plus: Defending 'Harsh Harry' and Questioning Randy Jackson's 'Mentoring'
- The Normal Heart: Watch the First Teaser for HBO's Ryan Murphy-Directed AIDS Drama
- What to Watch: Bones Is Back on Monday, It's Time to Believe, Bachelor's Final Rose and More
- Revenge Midseason Premiere Recap: Rated Ex
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- More From TVLine