Tonight's 'Law and Order: SVU' (9PM ET, NBC) features the debut of Melissa Sagemiller as Assistant District Attorney Jillian Hardwick. Detectives Benson and Stabler investigate the cases of two men (played by Alejandro and Michael Gladis) branded with a wire coat hanger.
Meanwhile, an hour later at 10PM ET on 'LOLA,' a meth lab explosion kills two innocent children. When the federal government wants to take over the case, DDA Dekker (Terrence Howard) fights to keep it in his jurisdiction.
We reported a few days ago that two 'Prison Break' alumnus had joined the cast: Marshall Allman as Sam's younger brother Tommy and Shannon Lucio as Bill's wife (in flashbacks). Now comes word of two more casting notes:
First up is Marshall Allman, who didn't always have as much to do as we would have liked in the role of Lincoln Burrows' son, L.J. On a show known for over-the-top characters and plot lines, Allman's take as L.J. always felt authentic with emotion and conviction.
Sounds like a perfect fit for the world of vampires and other things that go bump in the night. Allman is on tap to play shape-shifter Sam's younger sibling Tommy, according to the Ausiello Files.
Shannon Lucio (The O.C.)has bounced back after getting axed from the perpetually transitioning Moonlight to land in Oaks over at Fox. It's a pretty good gig as the show will be run Shawn Ryan of The Shield, and the network has already given a series commitment. Oaks tells the story of three different families, in three different decades, all living in the same house. Not enough for you? Well, what if the house is haunted by a spirit that all of the families have to deal with? Matt Lanter (Heroes) and Bahar Soomekh (Day Break) have also been added to the cast.
Over at TNT, they know drama, and apparently are set to get to know Martin Mull. They've already picked up William H. Macy's Family Man, and now Mull has been added to the cast. He'll play the intellectual older brother of Macy's character, who used to run hotels, but now can't hold down a job.
The new fall season isn't etched in stone yet. The networks could still make some changes, especially when it comes to time slots. But also to the casts that were in the pilots for the new shows.
Case in point, Moonlight. The new CBS vampire private eye show is already looking for a new leading lady to play opposite Alex O'Loughlin. Shannon Lucio was his romantic partner in the pilot, but they're getting rid of her and looking for someone else for the role. Lucio was formerly on The O.C.
Moonlight will air on Friday nights at 9 this fall, after the renewed Ghost Whisperer.
Here is the latest casting news from The Hollywood Reporter:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Good Wife, S.H.I.E.L.D., Blacklist, SVU, Big Bang and More
- Suits Bad Boy Brendan Hines Fitted for a Recurring Role on Scorpion
- Netflix's Hemlock Grove Renewed for Third (and Final!) Season
- True Blood's Anna Camp Casts an Evil Spell on Disney's Sofia — First Photos
- Major Crimes Casts Pretty Little Alum Torrey DeVitto as [Spoiler]'s Daughter
- More From TVLine
- 'Magic Mike' Sequel Reveals Big New Title
- EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Rivers Only Sees One Outcome for Joan
- Former Lead Singer of Survivor Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- Jennifer Lopez on Her Failed Relationships: 'I Will Eventually Get It Right'
- Teenage Katy Perry Sings and Cries in New Footage from Her First Tour
- More From ET