Sharon Stone Explains Why She Smacked 'Basic Instinct' Director After Watching Infamous Leg-Crossing Scene (VIDEO)
Stone was on 'Piers Morgan Tonight' (Weeknights, 9PM ET on CNN) and Morgan asked Stone if it's true that she smacked 'Basic Instinct' director Paul Verhoeven the first time she saw the just-honored scene.
"He had told me -- when we shot the scene -- that the light was reflecting off of my underwear and that he could see that I had underwear on," Stone explained. "And that if I took off my underwear there would be a shadow, and we wouldn't see my pubic hair."
Watch the video after the jump.
Here's tonight's lineup of new shows and events (all times Eastern). Check your local TV listings for additional information.
8:00 to 9:00
ABC: 'The Middle' -- 8:30 start
The CW: 'America's Next Top Model'
Animal Planet: 'River Monsters: Unhooked'
Disney XD: 'Naruto: Shippuden'
Discovery: 'Weird or What?'
G4: 'Web Soup'
HGTV: 'Property Virgins'
National Geographic: 'Breakout'
National Geographic Wild: 'Rebel Monkeys'
9:00 to 10:00
ABC: 'Modern Family' and 'Cougar Town'
The CW: 'Fly Girls' and 'High Society' -- Season finale for 'High Society'
FOX: 'American Idol' -- Results show
NBC: 'Mercy' -- Special time
CNBC: 'American Greed'
SyFy: 'Ghost Hunters'
10:00 to 11:00
ABC: 'Happy Town' -- Series premiere
NBC: 'Law & Order: SVU' -- Guest starring Sharon Stone and Sam Waterston
A&E: 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' and 'Billy the Exterminator'
BBC America: 'Peep Show' and 'That Mitchell and Webb Look'
Bravo: 'Top Chef Masters'
Comedy Central: 'South Park' and 'Ugly Americans'
Discovery: 'What a Tool'
DIY: 'Desperate Landscapes'
E!: 'Maxim Does Spring Break'
HGTV: 'House Hunters'
MTV: 'The Challenge: Fresh Meat 2'
Showtime: Inside NASCAR'
Spike: 'The Ultimate Fighter'
TBS: 'Tyler Perry's House of Payne' -- Two 30-minute episodes
TLC: 'Police Women of Maricopa County: Behind the Bars' -- Focus on the female detention officers of Maricopa
USA: 'In Plain Sight:'
WE: 'Sunset Daze' -- Series premiere. Two 30-minute episodes
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
Law & Order: SVU - Tuesday April 27, 10 pm, CTV/NBC
NBC must have heard I was complaining about the 'Law & Order' franchise and decided they had to surprise me with a wicked little treat. So they hired Sharon Stone for a guest role as Stabler's ex-partner, now an ADA named Jo Malone. Sharon sticks around for four episodes and I do sincerely hope the writers make full use of her ability to play smart snarky women you don't necessarily like, but respect.
Well, now the star will be returning to the crime genre. Sharon will be appearing on NBC's Law and Order SVU later this season.
Stone will be appearing in a four-show arc, playing a former cop who's become a prosecutor, an assistant district attorney. That means instead of answering questions, she'll be asking them.
According to the Ausiello Files, Stone will appear in four episodes of the Emmy-winning procedural, beginning sometime in April. As of now, no further details have been revealed.
Though better known for her work on the big screen, Stone has played a number of key roles on television, including guest spots on 'Will & Grace' and 'The Practice,' the latter for which she won an Emmy (is another trophy on her way, we wonder?)
- In 'Almost Famous' she hung out backstage; In the film 'Nine', Kate Hudson steps out into the spotlight, proving she's got a few musical tricks up her sleeve.
- Last week Congress passed the health reform bill, so maybe now they can relax and catch a movie. Here's a list of suggestions for them.
- Is there a such thing as being too old to be topless on a magazine cover? Sharon Stone doesn't think so.
- Shawn Andrews ... Who's that? 16 years ago he made us laugh in 'Dazed and Confused.' Now, he's back and starring in the bold and edgy film 'Fix'.
- Peter Jackson took a little break from his typical gory style. But his new film 'The Lovely Bones' encouraged him to take the violence up a notch.
- In an effort to promote '2012,' Columbia Pictures launched a fictional website. Do you believe all the hype on viral marketing for movies?
(S02E04) I feel like I went into this episode with an unfair advantage. I got to screen it early and speak to creator Bob Lowry about it. Now that I've watched it a second time, so many things stood out. You want to talk about a show with multiple levels ... it's like a 50-story apartment building. Wow, I can't believe I just wrote that - worst analogy ever. But you get what I'm saying? Yes? Good. Moving on.
The episode started with a bang. Dauri is still a patient of Huff and as one would expect Russell is covering the cost of the sessions. But that's what Russell does. He throws money around without bothering to try and have a real relationship with anyone. With all the problems Russell has, it's hard to believe he hasn't figured out one of life's simple truths. Money doesn't fix everything but I think Kelly is going to teach Russell a few things in that department. But his connection with Dauri makes a startling leap forward which I'll address later.
Only three episodes into the new season and Huff creator/executive producer Bob Lowry is already back for more. After speaking with Ryan last week, I had the opportunity to pick Bob's brain a second time. We chatted about this Sunday's new episode ("Sweet Release") as well as some other things to expect before season two comes to a close. A heads-up to our readers though: the interview contains a few spoilers, fair warning. However, there is one thing that all Huff fans should be excited to know. Bob let me in on a little secret. They'll know on May 2 if the show is going to come back for a third season, so everyone keep your fingers crossed.
OK, let's get to it. Here's what went down between myself and Bob Lowry on Wednesday morning:
Jonathan Toomey: Bob Lowry! Good sir, how are you?
Bob Lowry: My new best friend! Thanks for calling.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Battle of the Block?
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Doubles Down on Patriotic Gear for the Fourth of July -- See the Pics!
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Writes Heartwarming Handwritten Letter to Ailing Fan
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- One Direction's Liam Payne Gets Gets Up Close and Personal with Dinos at Universal Orlando
- More From ET