Chicago Tribune's Maureen Ryan reported that while the decision has yet to be made, and won't be made for a few more weeks, Shawn Ryan, The Unit's executive producer, is "pretty optimistic." He and his staff of writers have presented an outline for the fourth season explaining where the storylines will be going and how it'll play out. CBS's reaction was very positive. Ryan said things couldn't have gone any better. That's great news for the fans of The Unit who feel like they've been twisting in the wind waiting for word about the show.
Sitcoms which have already gone dark are: The New Adventures of Old Christine, Back to You, 'Til Death, and Rules of Engagement. And with Steve Carrell refusing to cross the picket line, The Office has shut down for business, as well.
Meanwhile, Shonda Rhimes (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice) and Shawn Ryan (The Shield, The Unit) have publicly stated that they won't perform their showrunner responsibilities either. Without their showrunners, these high profile dramas will most likely cease production earlier than networks expected.
Shannon Lucio (The O.C.)has bounced back after getting axed from the perpetually transitioning Moonlight to land in Oaks over at Fox. It's a pretty good gig as the show will be run Shawn Ryan of The Shield, and the network has already given a series commitment. Oaks tells the story of three different families, in three different decades, all living in the same house. Not enough for you? Well, what if the house is haunted by a spirit that all of the families have to deal with? Matt Lanter (Heroes) and Bahar Soomekh (Day Break) have also been added to the cast.
Over at TNT, they know drama, and apparently are set to get to know Martin Mull. They've already picked up William H. Macy's Family Man, and now Mull has been added to the cast. He'll play the intellectual older brother of Macy's character, who used to run hotels, but now can't hold down a job.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 15' Official House Photos
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 10: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'Big Brother 15' Twists Revealed: MVP and Three Nominations
- 'RHOC' Newbie Lydia McLaughlin Calls Out Slade Smiley's Body-Shaming
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: James' Cheating Revelation, Love Signs and Teasers
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Sesame Street' jail: Children's show introduces first muppet with a parent in prison
- 'Mickey Mouse' reinvented yet again in Disney's new animated shorts
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' finale hangs tough Tuesday opposite NBA Finals
- 'Big Brother 15' twist: 3 people will be nominated for eviction, plus a weekly MVP
- 'The Voice' winner talks Season 4 victory
- More From Zap2it
- Ratings: The Voice Dips in Demo Opposite NBA Finals, Draws Its Largest Finale Audience Ever
- Exclusive Photos: Will Defiance's (Very) White Wedding Go Off Without a Hitch?
- Eye on Emmy: Corey Stoll Votes Yea on House of Cards and the Movie-Like Netflix Experience
- Big Brother 15 House and New 'Twists' Revealed
- Fall TV Poll | Wednesday: Arrow Vs. Miles Matheson and Other DVR Dilemmas
- More From TVLine