Apparently I'm not the only one. In five short weeks, Sons has managed to not only retain 3.5 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demo, but it's retained 97% of its total audience since the premiere. Which is why FX decided to pick the show up for a second season.
To enter, leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Friday, August 29 simply telling why you'd like to own this set. As always, we'll randomly choose five winners amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating why you'd like to own the The Shield season six DVD set.
- The comment must be left before August 29, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Five winners will receive a The Shield - The Complete Sixth Season DVD (valued at $59.95).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
Continue on to see an exclusive clip from the set.
It's that festive time of year when children put tinsel on the television antennas and hang mistletoe over their favorite DVDs. Where celebrities check into rehab to spend the holidays with all their celebrity friends. And where the rest of America is invited to corporate non-specific, non-religious, non-alcoholic generic winter holiday luncheons where they can mingle with their co-workers and say things like "Remember when this company used to have real Christmas parties?"
But while political correctness may have ruined most holiday functions, nothing can ruin Festivus! That magical season in which TV Squadders hope and pray for televisions dreams come true. And I know just what I want...
... Six welcome returns.
Every fall season I get stoked about all the new shows, with cool new premises ("A guy travels through time trying to make right what once went wrong!"-- Journeyman not Quantum Leap), and all the big changes in store for existing shows. But it's equally exciting to see which beloved actors will be returning to television. Brad Garrett coming back to television in 'Til Death last year? Cool! Patricia Heaton and Kelsey Grammer both coming back to television ... together? That's gotta be awesome, right? Jerry O'Connell on Carpoolers ... well ... ? I like the guy, but I'm not scheduling a 'Welcome Back' shindig for him.
Half the fun of a new television season is the return of great actors and actresses to the small screen. And while I could have easily done 10 or even 20 of these, I've narrowed it down to the six talents who were most welcome back in my house on a weekly basis this past year. I've even been so bold as to rank them. Feel free to agree, disagree and present your own lists in the comments.
One of the things I love about this show is the play on words of its title: The Shield. A shield means protection. In particular, the shield a police officer carries, his badge, is protection. Take the shield away and you're just another citizen. When you're accused of wrongdoing, you've got nothing to hide behind, and there is no backup.
There are those things that make this show hard to watch, such as what happened to ex-Strike Teamer Tavon a while back, to Terry in season one and then, of course, what happened tonight. When you've invested this much into The Shield like I have, scenes like that are hard to take.
Usually I'd go on about all sorts of things that happened in an episode of this show: the interaction between Dutch and Billings, Danny's baby. But not tonight.
Tonight, the look on Vic's face when he saw that Kavanaugh's ex-wife wanted him was perfect. It clearly said, "Oh, this is too good to be true." What I didn't see coming (snicker) was the ex-wife admitting to it in such graphic detail.
And wow...Gina Torres goes full-backside for us. Didn't see that coming, but someone call Mr. Skin, stat!
First let me say that The Shield must have gotten some hell for its use of language lately, as the "TVMALV" logo in the upper left of the screen was HUGE! Is it just me or was that new?
As we saw from the recap from previous seasons, we already know that the Strike Team, and Mackey in particular, is going to see an old crime revisited -- one that a couple of them committed. Namely, the murder of Det. Crowley.
Danny was looking very pregnant, and if you read this recent news, it makes sense why. Did I miss something from last season? I seem to vaguely recall she wanted a baby and asked someone for help, but I could be mixing the story up with another show. The betting pool in The Barn is hilarious, though the look Vic gives Danny sure seems to point toward him as the dad.
The good: Instead of the usual 13-15 episodes for this show, we'll be treated to a full 21 episodes. There's also a great guest star appearing in at least the first half of the season, Forest Whitaker, playing an internal affairs officer trying to take down the Strike Team. The writers and producers are taking a risky route for this season by revisiting a four-season old crime that's barely been mentioned since season one: the shooting death of Det. Crowley. Remember, I believe only Vic and Shane know what really happened that night.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 3 Photos: Behind the Scenes of the Rainy Photo Shoot
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'The Red Door'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 5 Photos: The Aftermath of Hurricane AshLee
- 'Covert Affairs' Summer Finale Recap: A Place to Fight Back From
- More From BuddyTV
- Chelsea Lately's Final Hour: Handler Says (and Sings) Goodbye to E!
- Has Once Upon a Time's Season 4B Villain Been Revealed...?
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs Bosses Talk [Spoiler]'s Fate, Annie and Auggie's 'Challenge' and More
- Pretty Little Liars Summer Finale Recap: Death Becomes Her
- CBS' The McCarthys Drafts Rick Fox
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Oprah to Play Richard Pryor's Grandma in Lee Daniels' Biopic
- A 'Full House' Revival is in the Works
- A Brittany Murphy Murder Mystery? Lifetime Releases Biopic Trailer
- EXCLUSIVE! Pretty Little Liars Shocker: Find Out Why [SPOILER] Needed to Die!
- The Stars of Vine Dissect the Emmys
- More From ET