Well, you don't have to be Liz Lemon -- or wait for the annual Christmas show -- to check out Oprah's real faves. The Oprah Store is launching online this Friday. There's been a real store since last January located in Chicago across the street from the Harpo Studios, but this site, which will be an expansion of the mini-shop that's been online for a while, will capture the breadth and scope of the year-old brick and mortar store.
Users will see links to products popping up in various parts of the TiVo interface. For example, if you're looking at a listing for a late night talk show, you might find links to buy books, CDs, or DVDs from that night's guests.
The advantage of ordering from TiVo is that you can make impulse purchases while watching a program, while recording the rest of the program in the background for later viewing. Of course, as anyone with a penchant for picking up candy and trashy magazines in the grocery store checkout lane can tell you, it'd be nice to have the choice to opt-out of the service in order to avoid impulse purchases.
The store is supposed to draw the Oprah audiences inside after they view a taping, but it will inevitably become a draw for just about anyone as Oprah is both the Queen of the World and the High Empress of Chicago.
Items available in the store will be pretty much the same stuff you can find in the Oprah Boutique on her website, such as the Oprah iPod cover, African crafts, clothing, DVDs, and the baby gear. It would actually be neat if the store would also feature some of her "favorite things" that she lists in each edition of her magazine.
[Via TV Tattle]
Canvas messenger bag: $17
Amber-tinted Aviator sunglasses: $113
Making women think you're Jack Bauer: Priceless.
The pop culture fanatics over at Uncrate have compiled a list of must-have items if you want to be like Jack. Buying every single item will set you back approximately $1,000. It will also make you look like a stalker. They've included everything from Jack's pocket-size monoscope (binoculars) to his 9mm handgun. All they're missing are cargo pants and voice lessons on how to always speak in a breathless whisper.
Apparently the HBO store in NYC has some exclusive items, but you can also do a little HBO shopping online.
When it comes to interactive television, we're a little behind the times here in the good ol' USA. Britain and Asia have 39 interactive television channels but the technology development here in the US has been a little bumpy.
HSN shop-by-remote will be available first in New York and Hawaii and other cities will get the service in coming months.
Channels I'd dump if I could buy cable a la carte:
Britney Spears apparently went on an after hours shopping spree for what rumors say will be a baby boy. What drew me to this story was not Britney, or her spawn, or the fact that she has the celebrity clout to demand Petit Tresor in Beverly Hills stay open just for her, but the fact that she spent $10,000 on baby stuff. I don't shop at many Beverly Hills boutiques, so maybe that's not much money, but I'd like to hear what a "real" non-rich mother would purchase with that kind of dough. Heck, you could probably buy your kid another sibling for that.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Major Crimes Boss Talks of TNT's Faith, 'Slithery' Stroh's Return, Spin-Off Fate
- ABC Cancels John Stamos-Led Members Only Drama Before Premiere
- Scoop: Craig Robinson's NBC Comedy Adds Greek Grad Spencer Grammer and A to Z's Lenora Crichlow
- Quotes of the Week From HTGAWM, Marry Me, Family Guy and More
- Jane the Virgin Preview: Michael's Heartache, Petra the Kidnapper & More
- More From TVLine
- Selena Gomez Shares a Behind-the-Scenes Moment Before the 2014 AMAs
- Katy Perry Starts a Feud with Australian Paparazzi on Twitter
- 'SNL' Makes Cameron Diaz a 'Back Home Baller' and Brings Back 'Schoolhouse Rock'
- 5 Seconds of Summer Announces New Live Album
- Nene Leakes Uses Cinderella Costume to Spoof Kim Kardashian
- More From ET