My roommates and I were obsessed with this show when it was on in 1990. We were all living in the same condo, all of them in college and me...not. We'd spend our time playing tennis, eating subs and Chinese, and watching Star Trek: TNG, MacGyver, reruns of Spenser: For Hire, and this show.
Married People was a short-lived sitcom on ABC. It was about the lives of several married couples who all lived in the same building in New York City. The star of the show was Jay Thomas, who was married to Bess Armstrong (they were the "middle" couple). The "older" couple (also the landlords in the building) was played by Ray Aranha and Barbara Montgomery, and the "younger" couple was played by Chris Young (from Max Headroom) and Megan Gallivan. Several episodes were directed by veteran director Asaad Kelada.
Remember the short-lived American version of Coupling that ran on NBC a few seasons back? Do you know why it was so short-lived? Two words: Jeff Zucker!
That's what writer/producer Steven Moffat says. He was the creator and writer of both the British and American versions of the show (he has also written several episodes of Doctor Who). He's still angry that Zucker actually said that the show "sucked" back in 2003.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek' Legend Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- 'The Amazing Race' Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'Agent Carter': What Have We Learned from the First Female Superhero Show?
- 'Kardashians' Family Secures $100 Million Deal with E!
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Season 5: Shelley Hennig on Stalia 'Changes,' New Faces and More
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Poster: Daenerys' Dragons Are Coming!
- Pilot Scoop: Craig Ferguson to Lord Over ABC Comedy The King of 7B
- Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla Talks Regina's Clash With Team Evil, a 'Cool' Resurrection, Losing Robin and More
- Killing Jesus First Look: Jesus' Crucifixion Recreated for NatGeo
- More From TVLine
- Remembering Leonard Nimoy: President Obama and Celebs React to the 'Star Trek' Star's Death
- Kelly Clarkson Can't Stop Hating on 'From Justin to Kelly'
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' Dead at 83
- The White & Gold or Blue & Black Dress: The 5 Stages of Dealing With the Debate
- Exclusive Clip: Naomi Judd Helps a Special Bride on 'Say Yes: Atlanta'
- More From ET