The Three Haircuts:
This is the musical parody sketch that created the blueprint for all musical parody sketches to follow. Just pure, wonderful madness. And watch Reiner's face as he's leaping in the air during the dance solo in "Flippin' Over You." Pick up the Sid Caesar Collection DVD of this to see it on a regular screen with better resolution.
Do you like television? Yes, you do, otherwise you wouldn't be on a television blog reading about TV. I'm sure some a few farsighted readers think they're on eBay right now and are trying to figure out how to place a bid, but for the most part, you're here because you love TV as much as we do.
As lovers of TV entertainment, we owe a big thanks to Sid Caesar, who created Your Show of Shows, a comedy variety series that aired in the early 1950s and boasted some of the best comedy writers in the business: Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, Woody Allen, Lucille Kallen, Mel Tolkin and Larry Gelbart. The series starred Sid Caesar, Carl Reiner and Howie Morris.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- FBN's Charlie Gasparino and the business of good food
- 'Motive's Kristin Lehman on NKOTB Joey McIntyre's untimely TV demise: 'Please don't go girl!'
- 'The Goodwin Games' Scott Foley: From 'Scandal' high drama to FOX comedy
- NBC picks up thriller 'Siberia' to fill out its summer schedule
- 'Glee' actress Vanessa Lengies is leaving for 'Mixology'
- More From Zap2it
- Report: Michelle Stafford Exits Young & Restless
- TVLine Items: Has Jason Sudeikis Also Left SNL? Plus: X Factor Judges Update and More!
- Amy Schumer Kisses (Amber Tamblyn) and Tells All About Her Kinky Game of Thrones Fantasy
- Ratings: Billboard Music Awards Tops Charts With 10-Year High, Apprentice Hits Finale Low
- Exclusive First Look: Bates Motel Plans to Make a Killing at This Year's Emmys
- More From TVLine