March 27, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Apr 24th 2006 1:30PM
There's an old Bloom County strip where Opus the penguin splits into two distinct personalities so his subconscious can debate itself on Nightline. That's kind of how I felt when I heard Will Smith was going to be directing an episode of his UPN sitcom All of Us for the first time. The episode will focus on a child who blurts out the "N-word" and will focus on the impact of the word, it's place in history, its significance, and etc. Now, I think debate over this subject needs to continue, because I don't think there's any easy answers. If a sitcom wants to tackle the subject, that's great. However, there's another part of me that feels, strictly from a programing standpoint, that this is an idea that has already been visited and revisited countless times by many other shows. I wonder, will this episode actually have anything new to say, or are we just going to get the same cliche statements we've already heard before? If you're curious, the episode airs this evening at 8:30 p.m. EST.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Admissions Department
- Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered to Series at NBC
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!)
- More From TVLine