October 22, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Apr 24th 2006 1:30PM
There's an old Bloom County strip where Opus the penguin splits into two distinct personalities so his subconscious can debate itself on Nightline. That's kind of how I felt when I heard Will Smith was going to be directing an episode of his UPN sitcom All of Us for the first time. The episode will focus on a child who blurts out the "N-word" and will focus on the impact of the word, it's place in history, its significance, and etc. Now, I think debate over this subject needs to continue, because I don't think there's any easy answers. If a sitcom wants to tackle the subject, that's great. However, there's another part of me that feels, strictly from a programing standpoint, that this is an idea that has already been visited and revisited countless times by many other shows. I wonder, will this episode actually have anything new to say, or are we just going to get the same cliche statements we've already heard before? If you're curious, the episode airs this evening at 8:30 p.m. EST.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Eye for an Eye
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Post Mortem: Bobbi's Status, Skye's Origin, Fitz's Fate and More Burning Qs Answered
- The Voice Recap: It's Just a Noisy Hall, Where There's a Nightly Brawl
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- More From TVLine
- The 6 Most Insanely Uncomfortable Moments From The 'True Tori' Season 2 Premiere
- Kelly Clarkson Performs Awesome Cover Of Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 23 Shocking Secrets We Learned From Watching The Halloween Special!
- Steve Carell Reveals Jennifer Garner's Guilty Pleasure at 'Elle' Women in Hollywood Awards
- What Two Playboy Bunnies - Now Grandmas - Can Still Teach You About Being Sexy
- More From ET