by Adam Finley, posted Apr 24th 2006 1:30PM
There's an old Bloom County strip where Opus the penguin splits into two distinct personalities so his subconscious can debate itself on Nightline. That's kind of how I felt when I heard Will Smith was going to be directing an episode of his UPN sitcom All of Us for the first time. The episode will focus on a child who blurts out the "N-word" and will focus on the impact of the word, it's place in history, its significance, and etc. Now, I think debate over this subject needs to continue, because I don't think there's any easy answers. If a sitcom wants to tackle the subject, that's great. However, there's another part of me that feels, strictly from a programing standpoint, that this is an idea that has already been visited and revisited countless times by many other shows. I wonder, will this episode actually have anything new to say, or are we just going to get the same cliche statements we've already heard before? If you're curious, the episode airs this evening at 8:30 p.m. EST.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals': Winners and Losers from 'Reigning Pain in New Orleans'
- The Best of Kevin Tran on 'Supernatural'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' Recap: Kill Fiona Volume I
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 16 Shocking Moments from 'You Are My Sunshine'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor': Alex & Sierra on 'Say Something' and Destiny's Child
- ESPN cancels Will Ferrell's 'SportsCenter' appearance, Ron Burgundy reacts
- 'Mob City' premiere: Frank Darabont's noir is nice to look at, but that's about it
- 'Kirstie' premiere: This pedigree should have better comedy
- 'The Tomorrow People' recap: Kidnapping, Dr. Death and John's lies in 'Thanatos'
- More From Zap2it
- Nashville Recap: Friends in Low Places
- American Horror Story: Coven Recap: Head Case
- The X Factor Top 6 Performance Recap: I Stand Here Waiting for You to Bang the Gong [Updated]
- Scandal's Jeff Perry Talks Blindsided Cyrus, Fitz/ Olivia Roadblocks and the 'Exquisite Hell' Ahead
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- More From TVLine