I love animation, but I have to admit my knowledge of anime is rather limited. There's a lot of anime I enjoy and admire, but what I've seen doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of this popular animation style.
If you love anime, or you just want to start at the very beginning of this art form, Digital Meme is releasing a DVD titled "Classic Japanese Anime." Don't expect stuff like AstroBoy, Speed Racer or Gigantor in this set. Instead, think silent animation from the '20s and '30s. Some of the works contained in this DVD set were originally shown in theaters with a separate audio track played on a gramophone record. If your interest in anime goes far beyond casual admiration, this is something worth spending $110.00 on. Also, every one of the fifty-five cartoons is subtitled, so there's none of that gaudy American dubbing to ruin it.
The set releases on April 30.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Has Vicki Finally Met Her Match?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jaclyn's Arrival Fuels Ashley's Desperation
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 6 Dance and Two Go Home
- Pro Peta Murgatroyd Exits 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Due to Injury
- Former 'RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub is Engaged
- More From BuddyTV
- Rihanna Would Totally Back Kanye West for President: 'Who Wouldn't Vote for Kanye?'
- Melissa Rivers Channels Her Mother Joan in Biting 'Fashion Police' Return
- Avril Lavigne's Ex Deryck Whibley Is Married – See the Romantic Photos!
- Jaime King Says Taylor Swift Will Make an 'Amazing' Mother
- The Hottest VMAs Fashion Trends: Short, Sparkly and a Lot of Skin
- More From ET