I don't remember exactly how the conversation went (I wish I had a tape recorder running), but it was very close to this:
Sister: Oh, you watch 'Lost?'
Me: Yeah, it's great!
Sister: So what's going on on it?
Sister: I mean, the last time I saw it they were on an island. That guy who was on 'The Practice' was there.
Me: Michael Emerson. He's a great actor.
Sister: So what has happened since then?
(S03E06) Ok... Meredith? Rodney's first name is Meredith? What did he do to anger the writers and how can we make it happen again? McKay is so energetic and blatantly emotional that he's become one of my favorites to watch on screen. The combination of plot devices - two
Watch out for the intro - whatever you do don't take a sip of wine. You'll end up snorting it up your nose. It burns, trust me.
I was thinking all this when I was on a call last week promoting the upcoming movie Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Diff'rent Strokes, which airs Monday, 9/4, at 8 PM ET on NBC. The call was attended by Todd Bridges, who was interviewed for the film (as was Gary Coleman, who is pictured with Todd above), and by producer Stan Brooks. Not that the questions being asked were awful; in fact, they yielded a lot of information. But I was surprised that they didn't touch on a couple of topics.
(S02E07) You know, it's like sitting down for chocolate ice cream and getting strawberry ice cream instead. Sure, you like strawberry ice cream just fine, and heck, it's better than no ice cream at all, but you were still expecting chocolate.
Last night Wonder Showzen did what I could only describe as "pulling a Terrance and Phillip" and dedicated an entire episode to a show within a show. None of our usual puppet pals were around for this episode, instead we got to watch a half hour of Horse Apples, the Hee-Haw spoof which we first saw in the episode titled Knowledge. Now, if you go to the official MTV2 site for the show, they have the episode listed as "Mathematics," which as far as I can tell is actually the season finale, set to air next week. I have no idea what the title of this "not really an episode" episode is supposed to be, but if anyone knows for sure, inform me in the comments.
While closing the book on the successful half-hour animated toy commercial that was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, the creators realized something: 'Holy cow, we need to find a way to make money off of little girls, too.' Enter She-Ra, Princess of Power, the long lost sister of He-Man. She-Ra was first introduced in the 1985 film "The Secret of the Sword" which then led into the TV series. All 93 episodes of the series will be released on DVD eventually, but not in any specific order. The first release will contain episodes voted on by fans, as well as the feature film, and will be available on July 18, with three more volumes covering the rest of the series to be released over the next year. I watched He-Man religiously as a child, but never really got into She-Ra. I assume, other than the protagonist being a woman, that it didn't venture too far from the "fight evil and learn an important lesson" template of He-Man. Did anyone out there watch it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 8: Frankie's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 17 Moments: Questions and Answers from 'No One Here Can Love or Understand Me'
- 'Legends' Interview: Steve Harris Discusses Challenges Facing His Undercover Team
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 2
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- True Blood Finale Poll: Once and for All, Does Sookie Belong With Bill or Eric?
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Nurse Jackie Season 7 in Recurring Role
- NCIS: LA Boss Hints at Plan to Be 'As Noisy As We Can Be' in New Time Slot
- NBC Cancels Working the Engels
- House of Cards' Rachel Brosnahan to Star in CBS Miniseries The Dovekeeprs
- More From TVLine
- Hayden Panettiere Confirms Her Pregnancy With Her ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Stephen King's Reaction to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is Priceless
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Splitting? 4 Signs the Rumors Might Be True
- Elizabeth Vargas & Husband Marc Cohn Divorcing
- Ariana Grande Calls Frankie 'So Shady' on 'Big Brother'
- More From ET