(S02E04) This episode focuses on Tom, a 37-year-old salesman from New Jersey who has problems managing the stresses in his life. He's got a high-pressure job, he's divorced with a 7-year-old daughter, and his girlfriend Misti seems to be somewhat of a controlling type of person.
Tom decides to try out some New Age healing practices over the next 30 days in order to reduce his stress and hopefully improve his outlook on life. Misti is skeptical because she thinks that Tom will be supplanting his Christianity for "black magick" and other practices. Tom then meets with a life coach who will help map out a strategy for the next 30 days and to open his conciousness, which means attending and participating in a number of New Age rituals.
They make a damn good point. Every time I seem to turn on one of the alleged educational cable channels they seem to be running some silly ghost-chaser, psychic, or UFO "documentary" without any serious rigorous examination. Things may be changing a little, shows like Penn & Teller's Bullshit, and Mythbusters (which also runs on Discovery) have been successful the past few years. Shows as different American Chopper and Modern Marvels prove at least some of cable's audience is interested in more than crop circles -- interested rather in the natural world, science, and how real things actually work.
(S01E09) This particular episode is excellent at playing with your emotions. You already have a good idea of what is going to happen at the end, but you still somehow continue to root for Number 6 to successfully escape from The Village and get back to his normal life.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Childrens Hospital Docs Tease FLOTUS Visit, Dance on NTSF:SD:SUV::'s Grave
- Hannibal Stars, Producers Talk 'Mic-Dropping' Finale, Preview Season 3's Talented Mr. Lecter Twists
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- More From TVLine
- Jeremy Jackson Speaks Out: Inside the Bloody Brawl at Paris Hilton's House
- Nicki Minaj Responds to Her Butt Critics with More Butts Pics
- Khloe Kardashian Talks Sex Life with French Montana
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Looks Funnier Than the First
- Morgan Freeman Sucks Down Helium on 'Tonight Show'
- More From ET