(S02E04) This episode focuses on Tom, a 37-year-old salesman from New Jersey who has problems managing the stresses in his life. He's got a high-pressure job, he's divorced with a 7-year-old daughter, and his girlfriend Misti seems to be somewhat of a controlling type of person.
Tom decides to try out some New Age healing practices over the next 30 days in order to reduce his stress and hopefully improve his outlook on life. Misti is skeptical because she thinks that Tom will be supplanting his Christianity for "black magick" and other practices. Tom then meets with a life coach who will help map out a strategy for the next 30 days and to open his conciousness, which means attending and participating in a number of New Age rituals.
They make a damn good point. Every time I seem to turn on one of the alleged educational cable channels they seem to be running some silly ghost-chaser, psychic, or UFO "documentary" without any serious rigorous examination. Things may be changing a little, shows like Penn & Teller's Bullshit, and Mythbusters (which also runs on Discovery) have been successful the past few years. Shows as different American Chopper and Modern Marvels prove at least some of cable's audience is interested in more than crop circles -- interested rather in the natural world, science, and how real things actually work.
(S01E09) This particular episode is excellent at playing with your emotions. You already have a good idea of what is going to happen at the end, but you still somehow continue to root for Number 6 to successfully escape from The Village and get back to his normal life.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- What to Watch Wednesday: Modern Family Down Under, Nashville in Concert, Survivor and More
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET