Washington gave an interview to the Houston Chronicle, his hometown newspaper, where he says that actor T.R. Knight is the one who should have been fired from Grey's Anatomy. Sure, Washington is the one who practically got into a fistfight on set with co-star Patrick Dempsey after Washington used a derogatory gay slur referring to Knight. But, Washington says, Knight went on to have the nerve to be offended by it and ended up creating a negative work environment.
Today, coach Vivian Stringer and ten players will appear on Oprah via satellite. It's only the second time they have spoken out in response to Imus' April 4th comments. Yesterday, the coach and several players said they found Imus' comments to be hurtful and insensitive.
Does Imus also deserve a live-via-satellite interview with Oprah?
Let me sum up: He got into a verbal and then physical argument with Patrick Dempsey on the set of Grey's last year, in which Washington used the f-word to refer to Knight. It all simmered down until Golden Globes night when Washington told a room full of reporters that it never happened and he repeated the f-word. Co-stars Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight went on different television shows blasting Washington. Since then, Washington has apologized, claimed he's "getting help", fired his publicist (why? because he's the bigot?), and hired a crisis management team. Yesterday, he met with gay activists.
It's a-gettin' ugly out there, so Washington and ABC have decided to tell the press that they're all working on a solution to this. The network said that they are "greatly dismayed" at Washington's use of the slur yet again and that "his actions are unacceptable and are being addressed." What "being addressed" means is anyone's guess. Homophobe rehab, perhaps?
Last night she appeared on The Tonight Show and explained her behavior to Leno. She said that she had two television stations asking her questions in her earpiece. Instead of calling an end to the interview(s), she just went with it. She thinks she was answering questions from Alabama while appearing on television in Seattle. She denied being drunk or on medication, but she couldn't really explain away her slurring. Maybe that's just how she talks now? Paula said it's a big deal out of nothing and all she was trying to do was have fun with a challenging situation.
Do you guys believe her?
Mr. Noblet (after showing his class a tape of Martin Luther King, Jr's "I Have A Dream" speech): King's dream was of an America without racism of any kind. The tragedy of course is that all this footage is in black and white. Imagine how powerful it would have been in color.
In this episode, a student spray paints the N-word in the hallway, and all of Flatpoint High is turned upside down as they try to figure out who did it. The easiest humorous route to take would have been to mock those blatantly racist enough to do such a thing, but this episode, like the "Ginger Kids" episode of South Park, cuts much deeper, exposing the varying degrees of prejudice that exist in all of us. Or, as one student says, "The only thing we hate more than a racist is spics."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Archer Vice' - 'Smugglers Blues' GIFs and best lines: The 'Gang Who Couldn't Sell Coke Straight'
- 'The Voice' Season 6, episode 5: The final week of blind auditions begins and the coaches are growing picky
- 'The Bachelor' finale: Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley, who does Juan Pablo choose?
- 'Dallas': Is wild child Emma in drug cartel's sights?
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9, episode 20 - 'Daisy': Something good happens after 2 a.m.
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Alana De La Garza, Gabourey Sidibe, American Dreams Dad Among Latest Castings
- Teen Wolf Adds Flowers in the Attic's Mason Dye
- HIMYM Recap: Marshall Uncovers Lily's Secret
- Revenge First Look: Emily and Victoria Face Off (and Get Physical) in Fabulous Fashion
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- More From TVLine