Why do the figure skaters burst into tears after learning they've won a gold medal at the 'XXI Winter Olympics,' and yet the snowboarders like Shaun White are tear-free?
White has a theory on that. "I imagine that they've gotta be sitting there like, 'Man, I wore this outfit and I still didn't even win.'" Yeah, that's what we thought.
Watch the video after the jump.
Did you know the first snowboard was called a "snurfer?" Perhaps combining the word snow and surfing, snowboarders rejoice every wintertime as they hit the slopes. For the Vancouver Winter Olympics the worlds best snowboarders have descended upon the Olympic slopes to win on sport's largest stage. For American snowboarder Shaun White, he continues to defend his new gold medal status in a sport that made him the highest paid snowboarder in the world.
Make sure you take note of all the remaining Olympic snowboarding events after the jump!
Yes, for everyone who has been waiting for a network devoted to nothing but skiiing (I'm one to talk; if I had The Tennis Channel I'd watch it 24/7), this is your lucky day. Or, to be more exact, some day in 2008 will be your lucky day.
That's when The Ski Channel launches. It's a new network devoted to, um, skiiing. I can't tell if it's going to be a regular network or something else, because it is described as a "network with distribution on video-on-demand and multimedia platforms." OK.
I was wondering how they'll fill the time with just skiiing, but they have that covered. From the article:
Also tonight, to fill the time between figure skating competitors, the women snowboarders compete in the parallel giant slalom. Curling, hockey, bobsledding and marathon speed skating are also on the schedule:
No figure skating tonight but the ladies will be back Thursday to determine the gold.
Here's the schedule:
If you can stomach the ice dancing, there are some other interesting events on television tonight, including the premiere of women's snowboardcross. I saw the men's race last night and it was pretty darn cool. It's like motorcross on snow. Once again, the American women are the favorites.
As usual, there is plenty of hockey and curling on NBC's other stations:
Here's tonight's schedule on all of NBC's networks:
Here's today's Olympic schedule:
Personally, I love the Olympics. I let myself get caught up in the drama and the action, even though I'm definitely not a sports fan any other time of the year. The most popular sport during the winter Olympics by far is figure skating, specifically women's or pairs skating. Here, I'm listing the other sports that I will definitely be watching:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4b: [SPOILER] is confirmed to return
- 'Orphan Black' recruits 'Suits' star Patrick J. Adams for Clone Club
- 2013 ACAs live blog: Danica Patrick, winners list and more
- Matt Smith talks leaving 'Doctor Who', filming the Christmas special
- 'The Sing-Off': The AcoUstiKats twerk backstage before performances
- More From Zap2it
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on True Blood, Criminal Minds, Revenge, Psych, Nashville and More
- Orphan Black Casts Superfan Patrick J. Adams
- Law & Order Vet Dann Florek to Exit SVU
- Tomorrow People's Mark Pellegrino Talks Protecting John, Obeying The Founder and More
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine