But not a real bomb, of course.
It seems that the folks behind the show 24 were so honored by the 24 spoof South Park did recently that they sent a faux suitcase nuke to the South Park offices. You can see pictures here. I haven't seen a lot of suitcase nukes in my day, but I'd say that's a pretty good fake snuke.
If you missed the episode, titled "The Snuke," it satirized the intensity, drama and technology at the center of 24 perfectly with Cartman taking on the "Jack Bauer" role and trying to gather information on a new Muslim student he suspects of being a terrorist. As the plot unfolds, we realize it goes much deeper than that. Also, the Queen of England blows her brains out.
This isn't the first time the South Park gang has gotten praise from other shows. They also received a gift from The Simpsons team after they skewered Family Guy in a two-part episode.
[Thanks to Douglin]
(S11E04) This was a hilarious episode, and yet I couldn't help but feel it's the sort of episode that comes easy to its creators. The "snuke in Hillary's snizz" gag wasn't exactly inspired, considering the very first episode centered on a gigantic satellite in Cartman's ass and just last season another episode focused on Oprah's "minge." Then there was Cartman's fart torture and the scene toward the end where the Queen shoots herself, both of which I laughed at quite uproariously but that still seemed a bit too easy by South Park standards.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Review with Forrest MacNeil': Stealing, addiction and other parts of life
- 'Believe': Watch the Alfonso Cuaron-directed opening scene of NBC's new series
- 'Bones' Season 9 photos: Meet Brennan's new squintern, Rodolfo Fuentes
- 'American Idol' eliminated singer Emily Piriz: 'Idol' was like an alternate universe
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, episode 14: For a hospital that banned relationships, there sure are a lot of relationships
- More From Zap2it