Doing so helped her out as well, as Claire turned around and advised Jay to give Gloria a shot at helping him out with his problem at work. The problem is that he's having trouble getting a new young hotshot CEO into his closet design. The guy wants to be wowed without having any idea what that means. Meanwhile, Jay works in the real world.
First, he mispronounced her first name in introducing her, though she seemed to think anything that sounds like Sofia is good enough for her.
But then when he went to ask how her Emmy night went, he said, "'The Family Show' did great with your Emmy awards, didn't it?"
The Season 3 cast picture features the gang dressed in classic circus attire -- there's even an animal in the mix! Each person is dressed like a specific circus character.
Last year's photo had the cast hanging out in vintage beach attire.
The new season kicks off with a 1-hour premiere that sees the Dunphy and Pritchett families heading to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a dude ranch adventure. ABC promises big firsts, surprises and a face-off!
Check out a full gallery of ABC's new portraits -- including the new Lily, played by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons -- below.
Vergara said she gets no scripts in advance and doesn't know what will happen with Gloria. "I have no clue," she said. "The only thing is like a month ago I got a, like a text from Steve Levitan and he said, 'Do you know how to horseback ride?' So those are the kinds of hints that I get so I know something is going to come on that side of the story. But I never know."
As a result, he got some different answers to his favorite questions as when he asked Julie Bowen her favorite curse word. Hers was "dagnabbit," but for Claire Dunphy it's one far more crass.
It was certainly a fun hour, and a neat exploration of how the actors perceive their on-screen characters without the filter of the show's writers giving them their words.
The man, whose name was Alex, was heavily muscled and sported a tight t-shirt. At the sight of him, Rachael Ray said, "Delicious! I'm sorry. Was that out loud?"
Sofia Vergara said on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weekdays, 12:05AM on ABC) that as the second season of 'Modern Family' is winding down, she got to shoot a Pepsi commercial with David Beckham.
Kimmel seemed impressed, noting that Beckham was a good looking guy. "If we could get the two of you to mate, I could only image what would come out of you," he said. Vergara wondered why Kimmel wanted Backham to mate even more than he already has. "He has like four kids," she said.
If that doesn't work, Kimmel sounded amenable to something else. "I'd just like to be a part of it somehow," he said. Maybe as a coach, he suggested. "Maybe I can arrange something," joked Vergara.
Jessica Alba, Minka Kelly, Jessica Biel and Sofia Vergara were on hand to demonstrate in Jimmy Kimmel's infomercial, each humping an exercise ball (the "HoBo"). Dressed in red spandex, Jimmy K directed them: "Hump it up. Hump it down. Take a train to humpy town!" Eva Longoria revealed, "I couldn't stop humping! I hump everywhere -- at work, at the beach, in the car."
Lindsay Lohan appeared, hand in hand with Jimmy K, to give her full endorsement -- with the help of a lion. "Lions hump upwards of 40 times a night. I've spent thousands of hours watching them." Kimmel said, "The Jimmy K program is so affordable, it's practically a steal." Lohan chimed in, "Allegedly." Wink wink.
Dresses lent to her were usually size 0, she said on 'The Talk' (weekdays, syndicated on CBS). "I could never wear like really fashionable things ... I couldn't even pick a color or a designer." Vergara was advised to lose weight and shown photos of other actresses on the red carpet. She responded, "They might look better in pictures, but I look better naked!"
The stars answered fan questions about their early television influences, their dream shooting location and their childhood celebrity crushes. Plus, Burrell's "most awkward scene" story is not to be missed.
Vergara and Silverman are reportedly near a deal to executive produce an American adaption of the popular Spanish series 'Aquí No Hay Quien Viva.' Deadline Hollywood reports the project had many networks interested in it, but ABC won out due to the show's compatibility with 'Modern Family' and Vergara's involvement.
The project, which Deadline calls 'I Hate This Place,' is set in an apartment building and follows a multi-generational family. The original series focused on a strict father and his somewhat lazy son who work together to manage the quirky tenants of the family's apartment building.
Host Oprah Winfrey asked Sophía why her accent seems to be getting heavier, even though she's been living in America for some time now. The actress replied that she actually does it for comedic effect, and gave an example: "I realized that sometimes it was funnier to say 'YOOOUHH' [rather] than 'you.'" Good point!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- The 100 Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Jaha's Revenge, Lexa's Return & More
- More From TVLine
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire's Kerry Bishé on Donna's Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn't a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Probably Going to Be Pissed Off if There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- More from Vulture
- 'I Am Cait' Gets Emotional and Educational During a Road Trip With Some New Friends
- Cara Delevingne Shows Off Pink Hair at Girlfriend's Concert in Montreal
- Eliza Dushku Got Kicked Out of Hotel Room to Make Way for One Direction
- Jericho the Lion Is Alive Despite Reports
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys a Girls Night Out with Shania Twain: 'Music is Medicine'
- More From ET