OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
- George Kashdan dead at 88.
- Cybill Shepherd joining The L Word.
- Rick Kaplan out as president of MSNBC.
- TiVo launches TiVo Cast.
- Kelly Osbourne to host a British version of Project Runway.
- Charlie Rose returns to his show on Monday after heart surgery.
- Stephen King's IT to be adapted for TV again.
- Adam Carolla and his wife have twins.
- Oprah crashes weddings for an upcoming show.
- Alex Toth dies at 77.
- Bernard Loomis dies at 82.
- Vargas insists she wasn't pushed out of WNT anchor job.
- South Park gets its Peabody.
- Hallmark Channel gets rights to March of the Penguins.
- Leno's monologues on iTunes.
- Sixth season of The Shield is a go.
- Pee-Wee's Playhouse coming to Adult Swim.
- Ratings for the National Spelling Bee s-u-c-k.
- Deadwood deal is struck; story will conclude with two movies.
- We get to see another reality show with Donald Trump. Woohoo.
- John O'Hurley and his wife are expecting a baby.
- Demitri Martin signs deals with Microsoft and Comedy Central.
- What happened to Ray Sharkey?
- Who are TV's most unpopular characters?
- What the hell is the ECW doing on the SciFi Channel?
- Adam schmoozes with Satan on 6/6/06.
- Listen to our 13th APB podcast.
- I have problems with the 8-man YES Network broadcast booth.
- Rich wants local weather from The Weather Channel. Imagine that.
- Rich has problems with the new NBC fall schedule.
- Here's a great Perfect Strangers montage!
- NewsRadio: "Pilot"
- The X-Files: "Deep Throat"
- Firefly: "The Train Job"
- Strangers with Candy: "A Burden's Burden"
- Sports Night: "The Apology"
- The Simpsons: "Lisa's Rival"
- Seinfeld: "The Truth"
- The Prisoner: "Free for All"
- The Office (UK): Episode 2
- Angel: "City of"
- NYPD Blue: "4B or Not 4B"
- Buffy: "The Harvest"
- The X-Files: "Pilot"
- Futurama: "Space Pilot 3000"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Performance Recap: Filler Queen
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Seperation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- Which of Your Favorite Celebs Has Died the Most On Screen?
- More From ET