OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
- George Kashdan dead at 88.
- Cybill Shepherd joining The L Word.
- Rick Kaplan out as president of MSNBC.
- TiVo launches TiVo Cast.
- Kelly Osbourne to host a British version of Project Runway.
- Charlie Rose returns to his show on Monday after heart surgery.
- Stephen King's IT to be adapted for TV again.
- Adam Carolla and his wife have twins.
- Oprah crashes weddings for an upcoming show.
- Alex Toth dies at 77.
- Bernard Loomis dies at 82.
- Vargas insists she wasn't pushed out of WNT anchor job.
- South Park gets its Peabody.
- Hallmark Channel gets rights to March of the Penguins.
- Leno's monologues on iTunes.
- Sixth season of The Shield is a go.
- Pee-Wee's Playhouse coming to Adult Swim.
- Ratings for the National Spelling Bee s-u-c-k.
- Deadwood deal is struck; story will conclude with two movies.
- We get to see another reality show with Donald Trump. Woohoo.
- John O'Hurley and his wife are expecting a baby.
- Demitri Martin signs deals with Microsoft and Comedy Central.
- What happened to Ray Sharkey?
- Who are TV's most unpopular characters?
- What the hell is the ECW doing on the SciFi Channel?
- Adam schmoozes with Satan on 6/6/06.
- Listen to our 13th APB podcast.
- I have problems with the 8-man YES Network broadcast booth.
- Rich wants local weather from The Weather Channel. Imagine that.
- Rich has problems with the new NBC fall schedule.
- Here's a great Perfect Strangers montage!
- NewsRadio: "Pilot"
- The X-Files: "Deep Throat"
- Firefly: "The Train Job"
- Strangers with Candy: "A Burden's Burden"
- Sports Night: "The Apology"
- The Simpsons: "Lisa's Rival"
- Seinfeld: "The Truth"
- The Prisoner: "Free for All"
- The Office (UK): Episode 2
- Angel: "City of"
- NYPD Blue: "4B or Not 4B"
- Buffy: "The Harvest"
- The X-Files: "Pilot"
- Futurama: "Space Pilot 3000"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Blair Underwood is caught between the love of two very different women
- Watch '24: Live Another Day' new promo: There's no going home for Jack Bauer
- Hallmark Channel's 'A Ring By Spring': Watch a promo for Rachel Boston's sweet rom-com
- Robert Buckley lands lead role in Rob Thomas''iZombie'; 'Orphan Black' streaming Season 1 on Amazon Prime
- 'Supernatural' spinoff changes title to 'Supernatural: Bloodlines,' casts Melissa Roxburgh as final series regular
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- More From TVLine