If you've heard of the still-unseen pilot for Adult Swim, That Crook'd Sip, then you're a better person than I, because I just recently learned about it, even though it was mentioned several months ago. I've placed the trailer after the jump, though it doesn't offer much insight into what the series is about. An old article in Animation Magazine says the series centers around the Beauregard family, old-fashioned Southerners trying to maintain their antiquated ways as the new "Dirty South" takes over. The pilot was supposed to air this Fall, but given Adult Swim's habit of shuffling shows around, who knows when we'll see it? The series, which was created in Flash, was created by Nick Wiedenfeld (Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law) and Jacob Escobedo. The style reminds me a lot of the animated shorts from Sesame Street, except I'm pretty sure those didn't include gun battles and mansions being set on fire.
[via Cold, Hard Flash]
If you haven't gotten your fill of contestants from American Idol, then open wide for a heapin' helpin' of Southern-fried goodness: finalist Kellie Pickler is set to star in a new FOX comedy about a girl from a small town in the South who discovers that the governor is actually her father. The character is based on Pickler herself, so I assume it will be an easy role for her to play. NBC has ordered a script for the new series, which is being written by Chris Peterson and Bryan Moore, who wrote three episodes of That '70s Show between them.
The series is being developed by American Idol's production company 19 Entertainment, proving once again that Idols don't just happen, they're strategically crafted and forced into our homes until we have no choice but to either give in or throw our TVs out the window.
Yeah, I'm confused by that headline too.
Since there are so many changes at Food Network (Rachael Ray devoting more time to her syndicated show, Molto Mario being canceled, the ratings dropping for many of their top shows), the channel is trying to attract younger viewers and challenge competitors by introducing Paula's Party, which Post-Gazette.com describes as "more Romper Room than Cooking With Master Chefs."
Sorry, but that sounds ridiculous to me. Deen is a kind, 59 year-old Southern woman. I don't want to see her talking about sexy footwear (as she did during an episode taping), officiating crab races (as she did during an episode taping), or interviewing rapping skateboarders who wear iPods (OK, that hasn't happened yet, but give the show time).
Then again, the article above says that Deen smokes cigarettes and named her crab "Cocaine Connie," so this could get interesting. Like some wild, nutty grandma who also knows how to cook. But I'm not convinced this will work.
If they're not careful, Food Network will turn into the MTV of cooking channels: a cooking channel that actually has very little cooking on it.
[via TV Tattle]
(S02E07) You know, it's like sitting down for chocolate ice cream and getting strawberry ice cream instead. Sure, you like strawberry ice cream just fine, and heck, it's better than no ice cream at all, but you were still expecting chocolate.
Last night Wonder Showzen did what I could only describe as "pulling a Terrance and Phillip" and dedicated an entire episode to a show within a show. None of our usual puppet pals were around for this episode, instead we got to watch a half hour of Horse Apples, the Hee-Haw spoof which we first saw in the episode titled Knowledge. Now, if you go to the official MTV2 site for the show, they have the episode listed as "Mathematics," which as far as I can tell is actually the season finale, set to air next week. I have no idea what the title of this "not really an episode" episode is supposed to be, but if anyone knows for sure, inform me in the comments.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki Gets Some Devastating News
- 'So You Think You Can Dance': The Top 20 Revealed
- 'The Fosters' Recap: Does Mariana Tell the Truth About Her Pregnancy Scare?
- 'Chasing Life' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Is April in Remission?
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Recap: Without a Tracy
- UnReal Recap: There's Something Off About Mary
- The Bachelorette Recap: The Truth Won't Let You Pee!
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The Top 20 Revealed — and Ranked! Plus: Exclusive First-Look Photos
- Chasing Life EP on Natalie's Discovery, April's Setback & More Season 2 Scoop
- More From TVLine
- NSFW! Justin Bieber Bares His Butt on Instagram
- 'The Bachelorette': Things Get Incredibly Tense Between Shawn Booth & Nick Viall
- Jerry Weintraub Dies: 'Ocean's 11' Producer, Frank Sinatra-Promoter Was 77
- Tyrese Gets Candid About How Divorce and Paul Walker Influenced His New Solo Album
- 'The Good Wife' Finds Their Kalinda Replacement (But There's a Twist!)
- More From ET