October 1, 2014
spanish study group
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 18th 2009 12:39AM
(S01E01) In a rather touching tribute to John Hughes, tonight's premiere of Community honored the director in the best way possible. By creating a great ensemble of individuals coming together to form a ... yes, that's the meaning of the title ... community.
I expected to like this show. Hell, the promos and early reviews made it a foregone conclusion. What I wasn't sure of was whether I'd like it because it had funny lines and jokes, or whether I'd like it because I cared about the people in it. It looks like the answer to that is going to be both.
The study group that Jeff accidentally pulls together to try and get into Britta's pants -- because why else would you form one -- is made up of just the kind of eclectic personalities you need to make a comedy like this work. Like Cheers, these are people from all different walks of life coming together.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: The 100's First Bloody Minutes, GH Vet Returns and More
- Castle Mystery Man Drops (Just a Few) Clues About Rick's Vanishing
- Showtime Sets Return Dates for Shameless, Episodes and House of Lies
- Ratings: Selfie and Love Story Gets Few Likes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Hits Low, Mindy Rises
- Nashville Newbie (and Fan) Laura Benanti on Sadie's Music City Sojourn
- More From TVLine
- 'Little People Big World' Jeremy and Audrey Roloff Honeymoon
- EXCLUSIVE: Preview Jason Aldean's 'Old Boots, New Dirt' Bonus Track 'Too Much You For Me'
- Alyssa Milano Not Returning to 'Mistresses' Season 3
- Gilmore Girls is Coming to Netflix—Why You Should Binge-Watch This Show Immediately!
- Did Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney Get Secretly Married? See the Ring!
- More From ET