April 16, 2014
spanish study group
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 18th 2009 12:39AM
(S01E01) In a rather touching tribute to John Hughes, tonight's premiere of Community honored the director in the best way possible. By creating a great ensemble of individuals coming together to form a ... yes, that's the meaning of the title ... community.
I expected to like this show. Hell, the promos and early reviews made it a foregone conclusion. What I wasn't sure of was whether I'd like it because it had funny lines and jokes, or whether I'd like it because I cared about the people in it. It looks like the answer to that is going to be both.
The study group that Jeff accidentally pulls together to try and get into Britta's pants -- because why else would you form one -- is made up of just the kind of eclectic personalities you need to make a comedy like this work. Like Cheers, these are people from all different walks of life coming together.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- FX Renews The Americans For Season 3
- The 100′s Thomas McDonell Reveals Finn and Clarke's New 'Obstacle'— Plus: An Exclusive Clip
- American Idol: Top 7 Song Spoilers Revealed!
- The View to Reunite All 11 Co-Hosts — Elisabeth & Rosie Included! — for Barbara Walters Tribute
- Nashville Sneak Peek: As Deacon and Rayna Watch, Scarlett's Breakdown Intensifies
- More From TVLine