November 24, 2014
spanish study group
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 18th 2009 12:39AM
(S01E01) In a rather touching tribute to John Hughes, tonight's premiere of Community honored the director in the best way possible. By creating a great ensemble of individuals coming together to form a ... yes, that's the meaning of the title ... community.
I expected to like this show. Hell, the promos and early reviews made it a foregone conclusion. What I wasn't sure of was whether I'd like it because it had funny lines and jokes, or whether I'd like it because I cared about the people in it. It looks like the answer to that is going to be both.
The study group that Jeff accidentally pulls together to try and get into Britta's pants -- because why else would you form one -- is made up of just the kind of eclectic personalities you need to make a comedy like this work. Like Cheers, these are people from all different walks of life coming together.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- George Eads to Exit CSI
- True Detective: Rachel McAdams and Season 2 Character Details Confirmed
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- More From TVLine
- Beyonce Put Her Album on Spotify and You Should Listen to It (No Matter What Taylor Swift Says)
- Did Selena Gomez Whisper Something To Justin Bieber During Her AMA Performance?
- Who Is the Highest Earning Celebrity Under 30?
- 'The Originals' Claire Holt on the Return of Rebekah and Which Brother Haley Should Date!
- The Best Marriage Advice That Jordan Knight Gave Nick Carter
- More From ET