star trek movie
There hasn't been much information leaked from the set of the new Star Trek movie, but that isn't from lack of fans trying.
My favorite part of this TV Guide interview with Leonard Nimoy and Zachery Quinto (who both play Spock in the film somehow - I'm sure it involves time travel and science) is when Quinto reveals that one day during shooting, director JJ Abrams took out his cell phone and showed Quinto a photo that was on the web. A photo of the very scene they were currently shooting that day, in that very room! Personally, at that point, I would have ordered the doors locked and looked around and see who it could have been.
Variety is reporting that Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz star Simon Pegg is going to play Scotty in the upcoming feature. Simon Pegg! Insert obligatory "beam him up" joke here.
And who will direct the movie? Why, J.J. Abrams of Lost/Alias/Mission: Impossible 3 fame! Probably a good choice. He knows how to mix the big action with the character drama, and he'll bring some buzz to the franchise too.
The movie will focus on the early days of Starfleet, when Kirk and Spock first met. Hmmm...readers, who do you think should play the young Kirk and Spock?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19 Finale Preview: Chris Soules Struggles with His Final Decision
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Girls are Going Home?
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Margaux Gets Emily Right Where She Wants Her
- Ratings: Empire Breaks 14 Million, Idol Drops, CSI: Cyber Solid, Middle Rises
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Confession: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead You Could Ever Imagine'
- Frankie Ballard Proves He's No One Hit Wonder With 'Sunshine & Whiskey': Behind the Hit
- Chelsea Handler Goes Topless to Deny Breast Lift Reports
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker Reignite 'Happy Gilmore' Feud
- More From ET