From then on, it was a free-for-all. In the middle of the Royal Wedding Countdown, Gail O'Grady sat down, making four people, and then Bush and Kit Hoover joined in, making seven people on a couch meant for two. Bush was hoping they could bust the thing, and at one point started bouncing up and down, saying, "We gotta make this couch pop."
The couch proved too much for them, however. Hoover fell off and jumped back on, but to no avail. The couch wouldn't give. Maybe this will be a new feature on the show after the Royal Wedding Countdown ends -- "Couch Popping Pile Up."
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
After the sale of their SUVs dropped dramatically, Ford announced that the company will lay off 30,000 over the next six years. This happened the same week as the Time magazine cover with Bill Ford, in which he talked about the environment-focused plans of the company. Apparently, their newest creation will be an environmentally friendly car that will run "partly on gas, partly on electric, but mostly on the tears of unemployed workers' children".
One of them is on the post-game show after a thrilling NFL playoff game. Right after the Steelers stunned the Colts in a wild game, the CBS studio guys discussed the game and interviewed Steelers players. So far, so good. But then Greg Gumbel throws it over to Jared, dressed in a Colts jersey and surrounded by those flavorless Subway sandwiches. "I know you guys are going to Denver next week, and I wanted to send you off with some good food," is the gist of what Jared unconvincingly said to the studio crew as he waved his hand over the subs. Greeeaaat. Look, CBS, I know it's called the Subway Post-Game Show. But having Jared in the studio was completely tasteless and silly, especially after such an exciting playoff game. I mean, what's next? Is Boomer Esiason going to munch on Domino's Chicken Kickers during next week's pre-game show?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: It's the End of the World as We Know It
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 2: X-Men's Famke Janssen Lands Arc
- Cancelled Too Soon: Pushing Daisies, Constantine, Forever & 17 More Shows TVLine Readers Will Always Miss
- Ratings: Astronaut Wives Club Rises, Big Brother Ticks Up
- Humans Renewed for Season 2 at AMC
- Wet Hot American Summer: Will You Show Up for First Day of Camp?
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgård Share a Kiss in New ‘Diary of a Teenage Girl' Clip
- Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Welcome Baby Girl
- Ice T Hilariously Provides Voices for Characters From 'Care Bears' and 'Smurfs'
- Watch One Direction Learn How to ‘Whip/Nae Nae' From a Super-Cute Fan
- Khloe Kardashian: My Sisters and I Still Refer to Caitlyn Jenner as 'Bruce'
- More From ET