From then on, it was a free-for-all. In the middle of the Royal Wedding Countdown, Gail O'Grady sat down, making four people, and then Bush and Kit Hoover joined in, making seven people on a couch meant for two. Bush was hoping they could bust the thing, and at one point started bouncing up and down, saying, "We gotta make this couch pop."
The couch proved too much for them, however. Hoover fell off and jumped back on, but to no avail. The couch wouldn't give. Maybe this will be a new feature on the show after the Royal Wedding Countdown ends -- "Couch Popping Pile Up."
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
After the sale of their SUVs dropped dramatically, Ford announced that the company will lay off 30,000 over the next six years. This happened the same week as the Time magazine cover with Bill Ford, in which he talked about the environment-focused plans of the company. Apparently, their newest creation will be an environmentally friendly car that will run "partly on gas, partly on electric, but mostly on the tears of unemployed workers' children".
One of them is on the post-game show after a thrilling NFL playoff game. Right after the Steelers stunned the Colts in a wild game, the CBS studio guys discussed the game and interviewed Steelers players. So far, so good. But then Greg Gumbel throws it over to Jared, dressed in a Colts jersey and surrounded by those flavorless Subway sandwiches. "I know you guys are going to Denver next week, and I wanted to send you off with some good food," is the gist of what Jared unconvincingly said to the studio crew as he waved his hand over the subs. Greeeaaat. Look, CBS, I know it's called the Subway Post-Game Show. But having Jared in the studio was completely tasteless and silly, especially after such an exciting playoff game. I mean, what's next? Is Boomer Esiason going to munch on Domino's Chicken Kickers during next week's pre-game show?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- 'American Idol': Ranking the Winners' Coronation Songs
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Doctor Who' finale Season 7 episode 13 review: 'Name of the Doctor' is a smashing finish
- 'Saturday Night Live' season finale: Ben Affleck and Kanye West win an otherwise forgettable 'SNL'
- 'Saturday Night Live': Amy Poehler is the best at everything, even 'Weekend Update'
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Ann and Nancy Wilson bring the Heart
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison to make her Grand Ole Opry debut on June 4
- More From Zap2it
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Doctor Is Out, Ben Affleck on SNL, Simpsons Finale and More
- Exclusive First Look: The Goodwin Games Cast Takes Part in a Violent Beatdown!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Nikita's Maggie Q
- More From TVLine