If you haven't yet tried Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream ice cream from Ben and Jerry's, you should. It is the most "just okay" ice cream you'll ever taste. Your tastebuds will be bombarded with a cavalcade of average, middle-of-the-road flavor.
Okay, so AmeriCone Dream never did much for me. I'm more of a Phish Food man, what can you do? However, on July 7, Colbert will be doing something Phish has never done: he'll throw the first pitch at a RiverDogs baseball game in Charleston, South Carolina (his hometown). He won't be throwing a ball, however, he'll be throwing a pint of AmeriCone Dream. I'd like to see the entire game played with a pint of ice cream, but that probably won't happen. Jerry Greenfield, the "Jerry" in "Ben and Jerry's" will catch the pint. Let's hope he does, because I'm pretty sure getting conked in the head by a pint of frozen ice cream is kind of painful, especially if one of those waffle cone shards get wedged in your eye.
In addition to tossing his ice cream, Colbert will also sit in on the radio broadcast during the game.
[via CC Insider]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best Quotes from 'The Bachelorette' Week 4: 'I?m Tired of Being a Piece of Meat!'
- 'Hannibal' Season Finale Photos: Would Will Really Shoot Hannibal?
- 'Big Brother 15' House Tour: 'Mad Men' with a Twist and a Familiar Face
- 'The Voice' Finale Predictions: Who Will Win Season 4?
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a 'True Blood' Sam T-Shirt or 'Downtown Abbey' DVD
- More From BuddyTV
- 'American Restoration': Jason Mraz and Tommy Lasorda help Rick Dale celebrate 100 episodes
- 'Doctor Who' star Jenna-Louise Coleman cast in 'Death Comes to Pemberley'
- 'The Voice' winner: Who will win Season 4 - and who should
- 'The Client List' Season 3: Jennifer Love Hewitt's story demands holding up renewal - report
- Ron Howard reads tweets, 'Arrested Development'-style
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Doctor Who Star Books Death-ly Role, Ray Donovan Premiere Video and More
- Ratings: Bachelorette and Mistresses Hit Lows
- Steve Carell Admits His Office Finale Sin: 'I Lied'
- Eye on Emmy: Southland's Michael Cudlitz on Cooper's Journey and That Killer (?) Ending
- Anger Management: Could Charlie Sheen's Clash With a Co-star Derail Its 90-Episode Run?
- More From TVLine