(S04E09) It would appear that summer really is coming to an end. The Closer will wrap up its run next week with the big, explosive, finale. And with the end of the season in sight, "Tijuana Brass" started wrapping up the major ongoing story. The infamous Ramos article was finally published, and the the effects were many and varied. It couldn't have come at a worse time either, as Priority Homicide found themselves in the middle of a very delicate case.
(S04E07) The Closer continues to get some great mileage out of the supporting cast in season four. With episodes featuring Flynn and Provenza already in the books, this week Sanchez steps to the front of the stage. The resulting story was quite a bit darker than what we saw with "Dial M For Provenza." As Sanchez dealt with the murder of his younger brother, we got to take a closer look at him than the usual episode provides.
(S04E01) "Hello, just plain Brenda." - Bill Croelick
Isn't it nice to have Brenda back on our televisions? It's like catching up with an old friend. Or, old friends, as the case may be. And what a way to come back. Multiple homicides, an entire park for a crime scene, the return of an old foe, and more shenanigans on the home front. Brenda's plate is very full as we jump into season four, and that's a good thing.
For fans of The Closer, the wait is almost over. Season four finally kicks off next week, knocking off the third of the five shows that I have anxiously been waiting for. Burn Notice and Stargate Atlantis premiered this week. The Closer and Psych go live next week. And Eureka returns at the end of the month. It's going to be a great summer for television.
The fine folks over at TNT were nice enough to send along a press kit, so I've just finished watching the premiere and reading up on a few of the things they have planned for the new season. Last year we spent a lot of time on family as Brenda (Kyra Sedgwick) and Fritz (Jon Tenney) moved forward with their engagement. That, of course, involved finally revealing the engagement to Brenda's parents (Frances Sternhagen, Barry Corbin). And we followed along as the two of them began to search for a new house. Season four picks up from there. After the jump, a look at the premiere and a few things coming this season. Possibly a couple very minor spoilers, but no big plot points.
While I talked a little bit about the first three episodes in my early look article, I blasted this episode the most of the three I saw, while my fellow TV Squadder Keith felt that the second episode was weaker than this one. I guess it all comes down to a matter of taste. I still think that plunging neckline right there has a lot to do with why this was chosen as the first episode. The NBC marketing machine can trumpet this installment as one featuring sexy sirens seducing four hapless men. Unfortunately, that description is a little misleading. Sure, Mircea Monroe is voluptuous but I only really counted two seduction scenes, and they both featured Monroe. The rest of the girls were too busy cooking stew and whining about their fate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Gotham': Ranking the Villains of Season 1
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in a Double Elimination?
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- [Video] Watch the First Teaser of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 6
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Semifinals?
- More From BuddyTV
- Will Forever's Jo Learn Henry's Secret? The Series' Stars Have a Theory
- Once Upon a Time Finale Sneak Peek: Heroic Regina Battles Evil Snow White
- Tonight Show Video: Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black Recreate '90s Hair Band Hit
- Castle Recap: Not Ready for Crimetime — Plus, Did Martha Move You?
- The Voice Recap: Pumped-Up Six
- More From TVLine
- 'Once Upon a Time' Romance Rundown: Is True Love's Kiss Coming in the Season 4 Finale?!
- Kevin Bacon's Bloated Face Is Unrecognizable -- See the Pic!
- Ellen Albertini Dow, ‘The Wedding Singer' Rapping Grandmother, Dies at 101
- Ryan Gosling Eats His Cereal in Touching Tribute to Meme Creator
- Amy Adams Marries Darren Le Gallo After Being Engaged for 7 Years
- More From ET