July 30, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 16th 2009 12:02PM
There's good news for fans of Michael and Holly on The Office, and potentially even better news. When Amy Ryan first stepped in to fill Toby's shoes as the HR rep for the Scranton branch of Dunder-Mifflin, I wasn't sure how well she'd fit with the regular cast. The last time we got a massive infusion of new blood on the show via the branch merger, we wound up losing every one of the new cast members except for Andy (Ed Helms).
But then her wacky synergy with Michael really clicked, and suddenly I was happy for the both of them. And it was genuinely painful when she had to leave. I'm pleased to see that Greg Daniels, who steers The Office ship, really does get it. In the release announcing the return of Amy Ryan to The Office this season, he stated "I don't think she can blow in and out every so often. It would be too hard for [Michael] as a human being." He barely survived her leaving the first time, so it's good to see that Daniels has too much respect for the characters to just bring her in when convenient for ratings, or whatever.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Top 14 Dancers are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 10 Reasons to Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Which 5 Acts Will Advance to the Semifinals?
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Did Caleb Turn on Amber?
- More From BuddyTV
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Enlists Nikita Baddie
- Suits Sneak Peek: Louis Demands Name Partnership From Jessica
- Girls Star Allison Williams Lands Lead in NBC's Peter Pan Live!
- Extant Sneak Peek: Molly Deals With Daddy Issues — And a Missing [Spoiler]
- Outlander Cast, EP Ron Moore Lift the Kilt on Starz's Time-Travel Drama
- More From TVLine