April 15, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 16th 2009 12:02PM
There's good news for fans of Michael and Holly on The Office, and potentially even better news. When Amy Ryan first stepped in to fill Toby's shoes as the HR rep for the Scranton branch of Dunder-Mifflin, I wasn't sure how well she'd fit with the regular cast. The last time we got a massive infusion of new blood on the show via the branch merger, we wound up losing every one of the new cast members except for Andy (Ed Helms).
But then her wacky synergy with Michael really clicked, and suddenly I was happy for the both of them. And it was genuinely painful when she had to leave. I'm pleased to see that Greg Daniels, who steers The Office ship, really does get it. In the release announcing the return of Amy Ryan to The Office this season, he stated "I don't think she can blow in and out every so often. It would be too hard for [Michael] as a human being." He barely survived her leaving the first time, so it's good to see that Daniels has too much respect for the characters to just bring her in when convenient for ratings, or whatever.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Did Coachella Crash Instagram? Inside Social Media's Biggest Party
- Catherine Zeta-Jones & Michael Douglas Make First Red Carpet Appearance In A Year
- EXCLUSIVE: Drake Bell's 'Bitchcraft' Video Premiere
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized, Cancels Tour Date
- 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Juice Cleanse & More McNozzo Bromance!
- More From ET