April 18, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Oct 1st 2006 4:03PM
One of my favorite forgotten television specials was Steven Banks: Home Entertainment Center, which aired on Showtime in the late 80s. The special took place in Banks' apartment as he continuously distracts himself with toys, cookies and musical instruments rather than writing a report for his boss. Banks is now a writer for SpongeBob SquarePants and sometimes performs as Billy the Mime. What I didn't know until recently is that Banks also had a short-lived series on PBS titled The Steven Banks Show. How that managed to slip by me, I'll never know, but I did find a great clip from the show featuring Penn and Teller performing a song with Banks called "Clothes of the Dead," a rockin' tribute to thrift stores. Check it out after the jump and thrill at the unconventional keyboard stylings of Teller. Enjoy:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- Arrow: 10 Things to Know About the Sexy, Scary Return to Nanda Parbat
- More From TVLine
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- Meet Country Music's Next Superstar: Thomas Rhett
- 'Love & Mercy' Trailer Promises You'll Never Listen to the Beach Boys the Same Again
- Garth Brooks Counts Down ACMs Weekend With '#GarthGrams'
- More From ET