July 29, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Oct 1st 2006 4:03PM
One of my favorite forgotten television specials was Steven Banks: Home Entertainment Center, which aired on Showtime in the late 80s. The special took place in Banks' apartment as he continuously distracts himself with toys, cookies and musical instruments rather than writing a report for his boss. Banks is now a writer for SpongeBob SquarePants and sometimes performs as Billy the Mime. What I didn't know until recently is that Banks also had a short-lived series on PBS titled The Steven Banks Show. How that managed to slip by me, I'll never know, but I did find a great clip from the show featuring Penn and Teller performing a song with Banks called "Clothes of the Dead," a rockin' tribute to thrift stores. Check it out after the jump and thrill at the unconventional keyboard stylings of Teller. Enjoy:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is Done with 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Nick Go Too Far After Being Rejected?
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Video: The Naked Truth Behind Charlie Hunnam's Surprising Comic-Con No-Show
- TVLine Items: Blacklist Adds Foe for Red, a White Collar Return and More
- Scoop: Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix Comedy Grace and Frankie
- Arrow Casts Wildcat — Will He Train Laurel to Become the New Canary?
- The Closer's Kyra Sedgwick to Play Deputy Chief on Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- More From TVLine
- Kevin Smith Says Jennifer Garner is the Reason He's Not Friends with Ben Affleck Anymore
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Poster Sparks 9-11 Comparisons
- Find Out Cameron Diaz's Fall Back Career On The Set of 'The Mask' 20 Years Ago
- No More Blowouts! Jennifer Lopez Sports Her Natural Curls
- Martha Stewart on Blake Lively's New Lifestyle Blog: 'I Mean, It's Stupid'
- More From ET