September 30, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Oct 1st 2006 4:03PM
One of my favorite forgotten television specials was Steven Banks: Home Entertainment Center, which aired on Showtime in the late 80s. The special took place in Banks' apartment as he continuously distracts himself with toys, cookies and musical instruments rather than writing a report for his boss. Banks is now a writer for SpongeBob SquarePants and sometimes performs as Billy the Mime. What I didn't know until recently is that Banks also had a short-lived series on PBS titled The Steven Banks Show. How that managed to slip by me, I'll never know, but I did find a great clip from the show featuring Penn and Teller performing a song with Banks called "Clothes of the Dead," a rockin' tribute to thrift stores. Check it out after the jump and thrill at the unconventional keyboard stylings of Teller. Enjoy:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Recap: Will Ichabod Free Katrina in Time?
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- More From BuddyTV
- The Best, Worst & Weirdest Moments From Tonight's 'DWTS'
- Lady Antebellum Talks Birthing Babies and Albums
- Norway Funeral Home Refuses To Bury Casey Kasem
- Ben Affleck Talks Marriage, Children & 'Gone Girl'
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell Promise Action & Romance for Season 6
- More From ET