April 23, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 11th 2010 11:33AM
(S05E16) Ah, the beauty of farcical theatre. The simplest of tasks laid to waste by the outrageous shenanigans and outlandish responses of one brilliant comedian. In this case, Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She needed help from no one in the cast to make her extended stay on the subway platform funnier and funnier to watch as the episode progressed.
That's good news because Richard, Matthew and Barb were pretty busy back at Christine's place ... doing stuff. At least the writers bothered to give us a reason that Matthew is still hanging out and eating at Christine's as if he lives there. The catfighting between Richard and Matthew about all their roommate annoyances with one another certainly brought me back to my roommate days. Man, do things get annoying.
Barb's role this week was to spread the message that texting while driving is incredibly dangerous. No matter where you are. I certainly didn't expect her to come flying into the scene when she did.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. and Voice Slip, Supernatural and About a Boy Rise, Glee Ties Low
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 24, Revenge, Grey's, Dixie, Once, NCIS, Arrow, Sleepy and More!
- USA Sets Summer Dates for Covert Affairs, Graceland, New Matt Passmore Drama and Others
- Amazon Prime to Exclusively Stream HBO Faves Including Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Veep
- Save the (New) Date: Fox Moves Bones Finale
- More From TVLine