Sometimes the Squadders have enjoyed the press kits that have come to us; our dearly departed colleague Adam Finley always had a grand time finding interesting uses for the "swag" (I hate that term) that he has gotten from the networks. But sometimes, things come in that just stand on their own and end up in a proud place on a Squadder's desk.
Case in point is a promotional item CBS sent to us to promote How I Met Your Mother: a talking Barney bobblehead. Audio is after the jump.
I'm speaking of the chicken fight scene. Well, scene isn't really appropriate. Segment would be more apt I suppose. I'm generally one that enjoys when shows reference back to things they have done in the past. Things like Chris' roommate at Morningwood being the son of James Bottomtooth from "Brian Goes Back To College" are great. But there are only 22 minutes per episode. Taking a quarter of that for the chicken fight is just ridiculous.
Do you think you can come up with a good line for Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) to use on How I Met Your Mother? Here's your chance.
CBS and TV.com are having a contest to find the next Barneyism that everyone will be repeating to their friend. And if you win, the Barneyism you write will actually show up on a future episode of the show.
I've only seen a couple of episodes of the show, so the only one that I know is the "Suit Up" line. I guess that's the best known. If you think of a good one, put it in the comments below. And if you win, let us know.
[via Pop Candy]
IGN.com has an extensive report from the William S. Paley TV fest, where cast and crew from the show explain how the show came about, how the cast was chosen, and what they want to do with the show. Some cool tidbits: Neil Patrick Harris wasn't sure about his Barney role at first, because the script called for a heavy-set, dark-haired guy in his 30s, like Jack Black. Also: they don't film in front of a live audience, and Angel alum Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof are going to do guest appearances.
[via TV Tattle]
Check out the iMix.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Robert Buckley lands lead role in Rob Thomas''iZombie'; 'Orphan Black' streaming Season 1 on Amazon Prime
- 'Supernatural' spinoff changes title to 'Supernatural: Bloodlines,' casts Melissa Roxburgh as final series regular
- 'Heartland Table': Amy Thielen is canny about fresh food
- 'Crazy Hearts: Nashville' Season 1 finale: Does Leroy ruin Lee's Nashville singing debut?
- 'The Mindy Project' Season 3 scoop from Ike Barinholtz and Mindy Kaling
- More From Zap2it
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- Rachel Boston Talks Finding Love in Hallmark Channel's A Ring By Spring
- More From TVLine