super bowl commercials
So, which one was your favorite?
Pizza Hut: "Jessica Simpson"
Bud Light: "Rock, Paper, Scissors"
Doritos: "Live The Flavor"
Sierra Mist Free: "Hair" and "Karate"
SalesGenie: "100 Free Sales Leads"
FedEx: "Moon Office"
Snickers: "After The Kiss"
CBS: "Letterman and Oprah"
Go Daddy: "Marketing"
Coca Cola: "Give A Little Love"
CareerBuilder.com: "Training Seminar"
Doritos: "Clean Up On Register 6"
Chevy: "College Ad Challenge Winner"
Bud Light: "Slap"
King Pharmaceuticals: "You gotta have heart"
GM: "Robot Nightmare"
Movie Ad: "Meet The Robinsons"
Coca Cola: "Mr. Hadley"
Van Heusen: "A Man's Walk"
Revlon: "Not Fade Away"
Emerald Nuts: "Robert Goulet"
FedEx: "Not What It Seems"
HP: "The computer is personal again"
Budweiser: "Jay-Z and Don Shula"
E-Trade: "One finger"
CareerBuilder.com: "Performance Evaluation"
NFL: "It's hard to say goodbye"
T-Mobile: Duane Wade vs Charles Barkley
I think all of these Bud ads are trying to push across one major point: if beer is involved, men don't make very good decisions.
I'm offended by this notion. Except when it comes to women, of course. We've all been there, right guys? But to say that a man driving along a spooky dark road with his girlfriend would pick up a scraggly hitch hiker carrying an axe just because he's also carrying a case of Bud Light...that's stretching it. Why is he carrying a case of Bud Light? Where did he get it? Did he take it when he killed a bunch of people at a party? And like I said earlier, this is Bud Light we're talking about.
You just know he's going to pick up the guy with the chainsaw at the end too, and then they'll be in trouble. Or maybe he'll fight the other hitch hiker, a la Freddy vs. Jason.
I've often had days like this, when everything seems to go wrong with the work I'm doing. But with me it's usually Engelbert Humperdinck that's causing all the problems.
This ad is surreal, and funny. You lack energy in the afternoon at your office, and that's when singer Robert Goulet comes in and messes things up: screws up your office, knocks things over, causes havoc. The only way to get rid of him is to eat a handful of Emerald Nuts and you'll get your energy back. Until tomorrow, when Goulet returns.
One of the better ads, I think. Emerald always does something off-kilter with their commercials and this one is no exception. I like when they use older celebs like this. Humperdinck's next.
That's Jessica Simpson? Yeah, she's still hot and all that, but do I imagine something or does something look off about her face? She doesn't look quite...real. Too much make-up, maybe? I don't know, maybe high-def isn't great for celebs.
So Cheesy Bites are back. I didn't even know they had gone away. But it looks like everyone is crazy for them, so there must be something to them, right? Jessica walks the red carpet and seems really happy that the Cheesy Bites are back at Pizza Hut.
Oh, by the way, welcome to hour Super Bowl ad coverage. Since everything in this game is sponsored, from the pre-game to the player intros to the kick-off, I'd like to announce that the typing I'm doing is brought to you by the Sam Adams Beer I'm drinking right now.
Well, not the game. I mean, really. But we'll be covering the new, expensive commercials that are going to debut tonight. Coverage begins around 6:30pm, right when the game is supposed to start, but there will be probably be an hour of player introductions, coin flipping, and steroid testing.
By the way, the pre-game coverage is taking place on CBS right now. It started a month ago.
- Lee Goldberg has the list for TV shows and movies nominated for Edgar Awards (mystery awards).
- Oscar is making a big marketing push to get you to watch the ABC telecast next month.
- Adjab is doing a great wrapup of all the news concerning the Super Bowl commercials.
- Jennifer Aniston has work done or her nose.
- TUAW has a video demo of the new Apple TV.
- A Top Chef contestant has just quit his job at a NYC restaurant. Does that mean...?
- TVGasm has a full list of all of the premieres, specials, and finales for the rest of the winter (constantly updated).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- Arrow: 10 Things to Know About the Sexy, Scary Return to Nanda Parbat
- Vampire Diaries EP on Caroline's Next Move: 'Her Danger Knows No Bounds'
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- Meet Country Music's Next Superstar: Thomas Rhett
- 'Love & Mercy' Trailer Promises You'll Never Listen to the Beach Boys the Same Again
- Garth Brooks Counts Down ACMs Weekend With '#GarthGrams'
- Inside Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley and Lady Antebellum's ACM Rehearsals: What to Expect from Sunday's Show
- More From ET