Well, call off your henchmen because one of the show's chief creators has something new and improved on his hands that you might like.
Barry Sonnenfeld, the executive producer of Pushing Daises, is shopping around a new supernatural show that doesn't sound as deep or detailed as Daises, but could be just as fun.
The cover of the August 31, 1987 edition of the magazine, that is. Seems that Masi Oka was one of the smart kids pictured on the cover of that issue of Time, the one titled "Those Asian-American Whiz Kids." Oka is on the left, with the blue shirt and the backpack.
The story came to light on Monday night's episode of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. Oka was a guest on the show, and Conan surprised the Heroes star by showing him a copy of the magazine. The picture was taken by the parent of one of his friends.
As we told you a while back, Oka went on to work for George Lucas' Industrial Light & Magic, and actually still works there part time (as far as I know). When he started there out of college, he actually had something in his contract about his movie career.
Anyone have a copy of this issue? Could be a cool collectible. Everyone rush over to ebay starting right....now.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Switch-Up Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals' Episode 3.2 Photos: Impending Threats and a Dire Prophecy
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'What Lies Beneath'
- The Problem with 'The Muppets' and How to Fix It
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: What Happens When Vance Rides Along with Gibbs?
- More From BuddyTV
- Charlize Theron Won't Be in Any 'Mad Max'' Sequels -- But She Could Still Get an Oscar!
- Ronda Rousey's Boyfriend, UFC Fighter Travis Browne, on Their Relationship: 'She's My Woman and I'm Her Man'
- Donald Trump to Host 'Saturday Night Live' in November
- Stars Without Makeup
- Bristol Palin Is Having a Girl -- See Her New Baby Bump Pic!
- More From ET