Michael Scott (Steve Carell) was at his obnoxious best (or worst, depending on your point of view) in this episode. It's Spring Cleaning Day at Dunder Mifflin--although it's January, Michael wants to get it done today. Everybody has assigned tasks, and we can see that Dwight is a perfect fit in a supervisory role. We also learn that Oscar is out sick--on a Friday, no less--and Michael and Dwight call him at home to make sure everything's on the up and up. Michael is convinced that Oscar is suffering from the flu, but Dwight is not so sure, and undertakes an investigation.
At the same time, Pam is discussing her upcoming wedding to Roy. Michael inquires of Jim what the "411" is with his crush on her, but Jim implores him to keep it quiet. Michael, of course, can't keep it to himself and basically follows Jim around the office and makes veiled comments about the situation. Michael is acting like an annoying high-school kid, and Jim is doing everything possible to keep things on the down-low. Finally, Michael asks Jim out to lunch, so Jim reluctantly agrees.
Meanwhile, Dwight continues his investigation into Oscar being sick, and he ends up explaining with lying is, with little effect. Michael and Jim make it to lunch at Hooters, and you can tell Jim is very uncomfortable being around Michael, who makes bad breast jokes and has the Hooter girls sing "Happy Birthday" to him, even though it wasn't his birthday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Criminal Minds Season 10 Premiere: Do You Like the Addition of 'Love'?
- Michael Rosenbaum's Impastor Ordered to Series at TV Land
- Dana Delany Joins FX's The Comedians as Billy Crystal's Wife
- Fox Pulls Utopia From Tuesdays, MasterChef Junior to Claim Time Slot
- AHS: Freak Show Opening Credits — There Ought to Be (Menacing) Clowns
- More From TVLine
- Rascal Flatts' Joe Don Rooney Welcomes Third Child
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Girl Code's Nicole Byer Shares Hilarious Advice That All Ladies Should Follow!
- Vanessa Hudgens Terrifies Unsuspecting Guests at Knott's Scary Farm
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on Being 'Criminal Minds'' New Kid on the Block
- 'Reign' Season 2: Adelaide Kane on Sexier Storylines, Baby Mama Drama and More!
- More From ET