Michael Scott (Steve Carell) was at his obnoxious best (or worst, depending on your point of view) in this episode. It's Spring Cleaning Day at Dunder Mifflin--although it's January, Michael wants to get it done today. Everybody has assigned tasks, and we can see that Dwight is a perfect fit in a supervisory role. We also learn that Oscar is out sick--on a Friday, no less--and Michael and Dwight call him at home to make sure everything's on the up and up. Michael is convinced that Oscar is suffering from the flu, but Dwight is not so sure, and undertakes an investigation.
At the same time, Pam is discussing her upcoming wedding to Roy. Michael inquires of Jim what the "411" is with his crush on her, but Jim implores him to keep it quiet. Michael, of course, can't keep it to himself and basically follows Jim around the office and makes veiled comments about the situation. Michael is acting like an annoying high-school kid, and Jim is doing everything possible to keep things on the down-low. Finally, Michael asks Jim out to lunch, so Jim reluctantly agrees.
Meanwhile, Dwight continues his investigation into Oscar being sick, and he ends up explaining with lying is, with little effect. Michael and Jim make it to lunch at Hooters, and you can tell Jim is very uncomfortable being around Michael, who makes bad breast jokes and has the Hooter girls sing "Happy Birthday" to him, even though it wasn't his birthday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Friends Reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow Reprise Their Roles on Kimmel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: Who Should Win the Season 11 Title?
- Mindy Project Casts Shonda Rhimes (Yes, Shonda Rhimes) to Play [Spoiler]
- Arrow Recasts Oliver's Blade-Wielding Season 3 Mentor
- Mean Girls' Daniel Franzese Lands Looking Role — Who Will He Court?
- More From TVLine
- Enjoy Khloe Kardashian's Epic Pre-Kimye-Wedding Hangover
- Hello Kitty Revealed Not To Be A Cat and Apparently Nothing Is True Anymore
- Meet David Muir, the Man Taking Over ABC's 'World News'
- 'Project Runway''s Christian Siriano on His Much-Praised Emmy Designs
- A Winning Couple! Aaron Paul's Wife Reacts to Emmy Speech, Talks 'Kind Campaign'
- More From ET