When Griese's fellow broadcast Chris Spielman questioned why NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya wasn't on the list, Griese replied that he was "out having a taco."
Oops! ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz has announced that Bob Griese has been suspended for a week. Griese has apologized for the ill-attempt at humor. Krulewitz revealed that ESPN had spoken to Griese and "he understands the comment was inappropriate."
Oh, and you know that Barack Obama ad that is going to be shown from 8-8:30 on NBC and CBS (but not ABC)? It's also going to be on Fox, too. The World Series game will be pushed back to accommodate the Democratic Presidential candidate.
Don't flip out and cry foul! The TV gods anticipated that there might be a conflict when they sold the time slot to the Obama campaign. In fact, they had the opportunity to turn them down. But Fox was inclined to take the ad revenue.
(S01E18) If you bail Chris out every time he doesn't like something, that means he's going to run to you every time he has a problem, which means he'll never learn how to be a man. And if you can't teach him to be a man that means you're a bad father. And if you're a bad father, that means I picked the wrong husband. And if you think I'm about to let people run around here talking about "I just marry anybody" you must be out your damn mind. -- Chris' mom
Last night's episode was directed by creator and narrator Chris Rock. This is the first time he's helmed an episode since the show debuted last year.
We've known since the first episode that Chris doesn't get along with anyone at his school, including the faculty, save for his friend Greg and one teacher who mistakenly sees Chris as an endless font of information on black history and culture. After being duped into an ambush in which he's bombarded with water balloons filled with white paint, Chris asks his parents to let him transfer to a new school. His mother wants Chris to tough it out, but she eventually caves in. Of course, once Chris realizes he could actually be stabbed to death at his new school rather than just punched out on occasion, he decides to go with the lesser of two evils and returns to his old school.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- More From BuddyTV
- The Goldbergs to Pay Homage to Risky Business, But 'Thriller' Is Off Limits
- That's So Raven Reunion: Disney Stars Reconvene for Top-Secret Project
- ABC's Wicked City, Best It Can, Will Be Mindful of Violence Against Women
- Scream Queens Video: Meet the Outcasts of Fox's New Slasher Comedy
- American Horror Story: Darren Criss Eyeing Spooky Hotel Residency
- More From TVLine
- Tyra Banks Answers the One Burning Questions You Still Have About 'Coyote Ugly'
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy Are Splitting Up -- and We Are Devastated!
- Perrie Edwards Makes First Public Appearance Since Zayn Malik Breakup
- Ben Affleck Meets With Ex-Nanny: See the Pic That Sparked the Scandal
- Matthew McConaughey's Wife Camila Alves Becomes an American Citizen
- More From ET