September 17, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Nov 9th 2009 11:30PM
(S05E07) During most episodes of HIMYM, you tend to forget that this whole show is told from the perspective of Old Ted, who's telling his kids the longest, most boring meet-up story in history of the world. Bob Saget's narration often just goes in one ear and out the other, like the background music. But there are some episodes where the storytelling aspect of the series is firmly in place, with the exaggerations, changes, and bad memories often associated with this activity.
This was one of those episodes. Was Barney really that fat? Was Robin really that haggard? Did Archisexture really accidentally "fly" into Ted's VCR? Of course not. But those whoppers from Old Ted were what made this episode so entertaining. That and Alan Thicke. But Alan Thicke always makes things entertaining; he's Alan Thicke, for crissakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Season 10 Premiere Photos: Demon Dean Does Karaoke
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Fight, Aviva's Lawsuit and Teresa's Homes
- 'The 100' Interview: Devon Bostick on Jasper's Transition Into a Stronger Person
- 'The Mysteries of Laura' Review: A Mom Cop Dramedy Trainwreck
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Bill Hader Returning to SNL as Host — Will Stefon Be Joining Him?
- Friends' Gunther Speaks Out 20 Years Later: 'Ross Doesn't Deserve Rachel'
- Ratings: Utopia Ticks Up, New Girl and Mindy Project Premieres Down
- New Girl Recruits a Person of Interest to Woo Jess in November
- Grimm Recruits Franklin & Bash Actress to Lay Down the Law
- More From TVLine
- Diane Keaton Has a Major Girl Crush on Amy Poehler
- Nasim Pedrad Does a Mean Aziz Ansari Impression
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- Lolo Jones Is Definitely Not Taking Her 'Dancing with the Stars' Elimination Lightly
- Neil Patrick Harris Invites You to 'Choose Your Own Autobiography'
- More From ET